I missed this somehow. I don't think I ever saw it run up the hill. I guess we just got an answer as to what might be in the back of the next GT3.

Looks like it was parked in the Super Car area, but I only went there once, and the Porsche stands were empty except for the two Singers.

Dug through my phone - no RSR - however consolation 935 :Chuckle2:

1532377002_porsche935.thumb.jpg.5e1bec96e088b93fb0716ad6aa0ca43b.jpg

Love the noise it makes and the previous model was also a screamer ,,so distinct sounding ,,,just got me buggered how in this modern day and age were most tracks have noise limits how they get away with it that loud ............:Beer:

16 hours ago, Raven said:

just got me buggered how in this modern day and age were most tracks have noise limits how they get away with it that loud ............:Beer:

It's got me buggered how people buy a house next door to a racetrack (or pub, or Luna Park) then complain about the noise! 

Laughable isn't it? Poor Ron, as he took his race car there after winning the weekend before and had to create some sort of muffler monstrosity for a track day. They still failed the noise test on the first lap and got black flagged

8 hours ago, JV911 said:

It's got me buggered how people buy a house next door to a racetrack (or pub, or Luna Park) then complain about the noise! 

Yeh I totally agree JV ,,but sadly these are the issues a lot of club racers have to face ,,,This Sunday is a state round of NSW super Sprint champion ship at Wakefield Park . The owners of the circuit have had to implement tougher noise limits down there in the past 12 months due to pressure from a senior member of council who purchased a neighbouring farm about 12 months a go , the track brings income into the Goulburn area and this Dick Head wants to close it down because it dosn,t fit his eco agenda ...

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

Laughable isn't it? Poor Ron, as he took his race car there after winning the weekend before and had to create some sort of muffler monstrosity for a track day. They still failed the noise test on the first lap and got black flagged

Laguna Seca has some of the toughest noise limits in the U.S ,there are some others that have limits also ,but no were as tough as Laguna seca ... sign of the times :rolleyes:

Truck noise is apparently 95db (thanks Google), and I'm sure a kid crying is 14,000db, so 92db isnt that bad in a controlled environment.

Bloke I spoke with earlier today owns a pub and is heading to court today due to his neighbour having a whinge about excessive noise. Ol mate has been there for 10 years and now decides to whinge? People...🙄

Sydney Motorsport Park is 95dba at 30 meters ,,,not sure what Wakefield is currently ,,but I haven,t been pinged the last couple of times I was down there competing  ,,,,sometimes on certain days it can be the wind blowing in the wrong direction ,towards the sound meter that can set it off and other days fine without any changes to car because the wind in blowing away from the meter ..  

These are the problems the grubs in Goulburn council have been causing ,,,all sorts of Dirty games and disgraceful  behaviour as you would expect ...:rolleyes:

my apologies for getting of topic JV

Legal battle over Goulburn's Wakefield Park noise

The council and operators of Wakefield Park are at loggerheads in the NSW Land and Environment Court over noise at the facility. Photo: Russell Colvin.

The council and operators of Wakefield Park are at loggerheads in the NSW Land and Environment Court over noise at the facility. Photo: Russell Colvin.

Legal representatives for the council and Wakefield Park Raceway will meet later this year as part of a court case about noise at the facility.

The council has taken the owners, Benalla Auto Club, to the NSW Land and Environment Court over alleged noise exceedance and other operational issues at the Braidwood Road circuit.

It is one of two cases the council is fighting in this jurisdiction.

Auto Club CEO Chris Lewis-Williams said he was yet to understand why a draft notice of operating conditions he believed had been agreed upon by both parties in December, had changed by February.

"We agreed to those after many months of work. There were some restrictions put in but we (went along) with them," he said.

"...That's the disappointing thing. We thought we had a way forward and then the rug was pulled from under us."

Council representatives explained that they had consulted residents and other complainants in the two-month interim. However Mr Lewis Williams said he was surprised by this because the council had told him they had talked to these same people regarding the draft notice.

The raceway is restricted to a 95 decibel limit within 30 metres of the tracks.

Mr Lewis-Williams said his company had spent a great deal of money on abatement measures, including sound testing of vehicles before they hit the track. Wakefield's website also carries weather information and advises residents of anticipated noise levels in various conditions. On still days, for example, the noise carries further.

"The challenge is that as noise leaves the venue, there are other regulations we need to comply with," he said.

Mr Lewis Williams said the "six figure" sum the company was spending on legal costs would be better directed to noise mitigation measures. Likewise, ratepayers' money would be better directed elsewhere.

He told The Post the council's requirements would make Wakefield's operation unviable.

"We'd love to sit down with the council and go back to the original agreement but they don't want to negotiate on that," he said.

Raceway manager Dean Chapman said the operation was abiding by the council guidelines to create a harmonious environment for every one but the owners would not invest in a future that was "hazy."

"We operate every day," he said.

"This weekend we have the Super Trucks, which bring in hundreds of people. That level of operation is only viable if we can find some common ground.

"...What we want to do is move toward a stronger future. More cars are going electric and getting quieter but who is going to invest in the infrastructure? Will we even be here in 25 years?"

The facility wanted to bring more people to Goulburn from Canberra, Sydney and the South Coast.

A recent report estimated Wakefield Park generated $15 million for Goulburn's economy annually.

Mr Chapman hoped negotiations would provide "a clear, definitive answer" on what Wakefield could and couldn't do.

Both parties will file a statement of facts and contentions to the court in August and September, ahead of an October 22 conciliation conference.

Environment and planning director Scott Martin said in April that the facility won approval 25 years ago for periodic racing of historic vehicles but operations and legislation had evolved since then.

Complaints had come forward from immediate residents and those further afield over four to five years.

"It is more than (about) the noise limits but the overall management of the facility in regard to the development consent," Mr Martin said

"...We're the first to acknowledge Wakefield's positive economic impact but we have an obligation to ensure people's amenity is not negatively impacted. It's our job to strike the balance on what is acceptable," he said.

2019-09-18_08-21-04

14 hours ago, Raven said:

Environment and planning director Scott Martin said in April that the facility won approval 25 years ago for periodic racing of historic vehicles but operations and legislation had evolved since then.

Complaints had come forward from immediate residents and those further afield over four to five years.

That really grinds my gears - there should be a simple "who was there first?" test.

I can only guess the days the RSR races the DB limits are lifted? Cause that thing is proper loud. Sounds amazing. So free revving. 

Phillip Island has a capped number of “race days” where the DB limit is higher than its regular limit to accomodate moto GP,  v8 Supercars and other sanctioned PIARC days. 

Having just moved to QLD I have come across it for the first time at Lakeside. Same old story. A noisy one or two neighbours affecting the amenity of thousands. Car failed on the first day out. Went and increased the muffler size and added some “lakeside special” tips. I have since run it with and without the tips, and the tips are the secret sauce. It’s still over the limit without them. They are V banded so a 5 min job to fit at the track. 

69936697_10156224441211577_1960135821633

48 minutes ago, JV911 said:

2019-09-18_08-21-04

That really grinds my gears - there should be a simple "who was there first?" test.

Mate I confidentially guess that the council is just out to screw as much money as the can out of the owners of Wakefield park 

why because that is far easier than actually doing anything productive to justify their large salaries