ABS Failure warning light 996

Rick V

The 996.2 GT3 is not far off an annual visit to the team @ Buiks, but took her for a spin today & had ABS Failure light come on.  

Before I get the pros onto it, I wondered if anyone here has experienced this before?  Sensor issue?  Easy fix, or otherwise?

24 minutes ago, Rick V said:

The 996.2 GT3 is not far off an annual visit to the team @ Buiks, but took her for a spin today & had ABS Failure light come on.  

Before I get the pros onto it, I wondered if anyone here has experienced this before?  Sensor issue?  Easy fix, or otherwise?

Have a search on Rennlist. I had one of the  brake warning lights come on once (think it was the ABS light but may not have been). Ended up being a bad brake light switch. Ordered a new one (cheap enough), removed the old one and then tried to fit the new one but just couldn’t get it in - super awkward spot. Took it to Porsche and they put it in so quickly they didn’t even charge me

5 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Can also come on if you lift a front wheel coming out of, for example, a service station driveway - for some reason the different wheel rotation speeds can fool the ABS.  Turn off and restart and should go away

Yeah, I lift the front left every time in enter or leave my driveway, so looking at Rennlist sounds like this could be part of it.

Thanks @LeeM but I think I’ll soldier on!! 👍

• 4 months later...