991 .1 - what are the common maintenance problems/issues?

911virgin

Whatever you do dont buy without a Porsche Warranty from an authorised Porsche dealer. You can read my post's about a car I just bought that failed one day after purchase.  ( 38,000 k. Complete Porsche Centre service history and Porsche Willoughby Pre- Purchase report ) 2 months now and I don't have a car - or the money I paid. It will break your heart.

The Gear box failed !! The car is now at the 3rd Porsche Service Centre after its 4 th diagnosis, the first being "It needs a new PDK". I'm waiting for the selling dealer to tell me what they will or won't do !! Its only been 2 months since I bought the car so - I patiently wait.

Gearbox Fault 1 gearbox Fauly 2 Gearbox Fault 3 Gearbox Fault 4

Edited by SJL
Pictures not downloading correctly.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Its been quite a while since the original post, but I wanted to advise a good news story. I bought my 2014 991.1 Carrera S in January 2017. Immediately after I purchased it from PCSS when testing it out on the Putty Road I had a COV fault which was replaced under warranty. I had an oil change service in Jan 2018. Other than one set of tyres this month, it has cost me nothing in the 21,000 kms I have driven it. I was going to p/x for another one but I decided to keep it, give it a major service (planned week after next) and extend the warranty in June 2020 for peace of mind. Its been one the most reliable cars I have ever owned.

In my experience regular maintenance & attending to any minor issues is paramount (same as any make really). Porsche extended warranty is costly but so much cheaper than potential major failures. Porsche extended warranty has got cheaper last year, now you can get 2 year warranty instead of the old one year at a time, just make sure you get Porsche approved servicing along the way.