The man cave / Shed thread

Uncle

Well I don't know about you guys but I like to spend some time in the shed building stuff or just relaxing. When my son came along I wanted a space we could share on a Saturday or Sunday morning and let Mum have a sleep in. I swear the fact it has a Scotch bar, Porsche posters and other stuff is just circumstantial your honer!

Any way I'll post mine if you post yours.

Before.

Thats the Sauna in the corner my wife built me. Handy lass for a business analyst.

House008.jpg

House007-1.jpg

I've made it the back bay of the shed so 3.6mtrs wide and the full width so about 10mtrs long. This still leaves me heaps of space in the shed for 2 cars a trailer and all the workshop stuff and storage.

Afterish..

IMG_9796.jpg

You need things to look at right?

IMG_9828.jpg

IMG_9894.jpg

Just in case we need to watch a movie I put up a powered projector screen and surround sound. Because you never know when you might need to watch the wiggles or the F1.

IMG_9897.jpg

IMG_9903.jpg

IMG_9898.jpg

This was the exact same car I was given when I was 5 that made me want a 911. I found it on ebay a few years a go and snapped it up. It now takes pride of place in the bar.

IMG_9905.jpg

Love the shed - wish I had something like that to hide in.

Speaking of scotch I treated myself this week and bought a bottle of Tobermory - 15 year sherry cask aged....cost a bit more than i was happy to pay however I'm still in awe of this fine Scotch. Worth ever cent.

Definitely in my top 5 list of all time .

I often just sit in there late on a weekend night and look at my car with a nice single malt and silence. Ahh silence. Its massively underrated I tells you.

I understand exactly where you are coming from. :lol:

Mine is a single car garage that has been improved over time.

Started off like this:

150520101330.jpg

Built a mezzanine style storage:

150520101332.jpg

Gave everything a coat of paint and the job was done..

CIMG8290.jpg

CIMG8279.jpg

Few months later I decided I was not happy with the paving paint used on the floor....

IMAG0460-1.jpg

now covered with a two part Dulux epoxy

IMAG0485.jpg

IMAG0473.jpg

While I was at it I decided that the existing 70-ties kitchen cabinets used as storage could be updated so I got some 80-ies kitchen cabinets :P

After a lot of cutting....

IMAG0556.jpg

IMAG0586.jpg

Thanks, Red3.2.

Mine isn't really a Scotch-and-cigar kind of place. But it's a pretty nice place to spend some time, considering its small size and low budget. The car is a 1972 tub with a 1995 engine, 1977 transaxle, and other 911 pieces that go all the way up to the model year 2000.

The garage was a one-man project where I taught myself how to build, weld, set tile and slather on green paint.

1023616dlrf.jpg

redbench.jpg

myspaceoh.jpg

compliancecenteragain.jpg

img0467ah.jpg

img0434cp.jpg

centerislandagain.jpg

Work benches that fold down from the wall:

bothdown.jpg

faceforwardup.jpg

There is no 911 that's been lowered too much to fit on this lift. And there's nothing to trip over when the car is out.

noclearance.jpg

648uplr.jpg

And it's got its own a video:

And yes, a video just about the lift I put in:

Is it always this clean? No. Not by a long shot.

humpty.jpg

But it does go back to clean very quickly -- that's the real accomplishment of it, I think. I finally took the time to work out a place for everything to go when It's not being used.

In practice, it makes a huge difference not having to spend so much time looking for things you've misplaced. I spent years doing that.

wide01.jpg