Transmission Mounts

Merv

I am thinking I will replace my transmission mounts on the G50.  There are many threads suggesting that you have to buy the whole cross member or send the existing one to WEVO.  Seems crazy.  Various folk recommend these below. I am keen to get rubber mounts however, if possible.

Any experience with this job?

Mounts.png

Thanks Chris.  Yes they are formed in place originally. Getting them out would involve a heat torch I suspect. 

have checked the bushings in there now. The rubber seems intact, in good condition and is not split or cracked. There is however, about a 2mm gap between the top of the bushing and the top retaining washer when the car is hanging on my hoist. When I put a jack under the transmission this gap closes and re-appears at the bottom of the bushing.  I guess this means that they need replacing? 

Does SuperPro (Australian company) have some history on these cars?

Well, I pulled the tranny mount off today and the bushings are rubber and don't seem in bad shape. That does not, however, confirm that they are sufficiently 'fat' in profile.  Looking at them I am not sure if they are original or not (car has done 150kms).  They appear to be one-piece inserts? Possibly "CFM" (and another logo in a Triangle that I don't know) if I read the letters on the enlarged second image correctly (https://www.c-f-m.com/performanceparts/pc/Mounts-Bushings-c557.htm).

Any ideas?

Merv1647112156_Bushing2.thumb.jpg.e9e41228b8e2c5404cad4f5698b17f2a.jpg

Duh, it did look familiar 🙃.  So I will be ordering some Rennline or SuperPro bushings, when I can manage to ignore the crazy freight costs from the US. I have contacted SuperPro in Australia.  They are based in Brisbane.

I used SuperPro for both my engine and gearbox. As Chris mentioned above, it's just the removal of the old rubber. Reasonably straight forward really. You only need to cut the lip from the one side before pushing it through, quick clean, grease and put the two halves together!

Can't really comment on NHV, as  my car is a little angry, with harder rubber, noisy exhaust etc.

Thanks PK. It would be nice to use an Australian company. It would very helpful if you could recall which bushings you used?  Is your car a G50?

I suspect it is these: https://www.sparesbox.com.au/part/superpro-front-engine-mount-bush-kit-fits-porsche-spf3863k

I assume that the same bushings fit engine and transmission mounts?

Will contact them tomorrow to see what they have. 

After speaking with the folk at SuperPro (good to have a knowledgeable local company based in Brisbane!) I went for a set of their bushings designed for the G50.  They assure that NVH is not a problem and provide a lifetime warranty. The kit arrived with appropriate silicone paste and good instructions and there were enough for BOTH front and rear mounts.  I did them all and drilled out the original compressed rubber bushings.  Measurements before and after show the new bushings to be thicker than the exhausted originals and the gap (between the curved washers and the bushings) that was there before is gone. Easy job really and the bushings fitted perfectly.  The car is no noisier or harsher to my ears and the shifting is much sharper.  So far I am extremely pleased with the result.