Porsche 993 RS Clubsport - DRIVEN

3 hours ago, Raven said:

Duttons has guards Red one for sale if you have a spare $700K at hand .........Amazing car if I could own one I would not hesitate spending that amount of cash :Beer:

That  red one used to be mine.  Brilliant car and I still miss it.  I took it to Winton one time, did about 80 laps, filled it with fuel and drove home.  Harsh car but so analogue.  

Still, they paid me a mozza for it and I retired some debt so not too bad ...

2 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

That  red one used to be mine.  Brilliant car and I still miss it.  I took it to Winton one time, did about 80 laps, filled it with fuel and drove home.  Harsh car but so analogue.  

Still, they paid me a mozza for it and I retired some debt so not too bad ...

What was the history of the Car ,,,eg previous owners etc ,,,car also looks to have had a few mods in engine bay ,some sort of custom overflow breather tank installed ......??

2 hours ago, Raven said:

What was the history of the Car ,,,eg previous owners etc ,,,car also looks to have had a few mods in engine bay ,some sort of custom overflow breather tank installed ......??

Original owner was a guy by the name of Guigni (not sure if spelled that right). Then Perry Spiridis for a time, Phil Verwoert and then me.  

Yes, it has a catch tank, high flow air filter.  It’s also got bigger cams and solid lifters.  Peter Fitzgerald did the work.  

It raced for a time in Porsche Cup. 

26 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

Original owner was a guy by the name of Guigni (not sure if spelled that right). Then Perry Spiridis for a time, Phil Verwoert and then me.  

Yes, it has a catch tank, high flow air filter.  It’s also got bigger cams and solid lifters.  Peter Fitzgerald did the work.  

Yes I figured it had some nations cup History ,,,,as far as I can make out only 6 RSCS cars came to Aus and It looks like all did track time ..

The Duttons car is certainly a impressive example ..

What a fantastic car they are a friend of mine Simon Froude purchased his RS in Melbourne new back in 95 and used it as a daily driver for the most part whilst seriously competing on weekends.

I have fond memories driving this car in the Porsche 50th Anniversary rally in 98 i think? such great fun you just new you were driving something unique.

Simon and I have spoken about trying to locate the car lately so any help would be much appreciated. 

,IMG_6758.jpeg.c459226cedfb5a3b5e3ab2cab84d89e4.jpeg

15 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Hi guys the original owner of that car was Graeme Hitchell  (1995 ),  competed in PCV events around that time & the only red RSCS delivered to Aus .