Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would mention that next week it will be 10 years since PFA went live. I remember those early days well when Kez had a few alias' going so people didnt realise how few there were of us. In fact Doug and I would go for days just talking to each other! Momentum gradually built and once we started having get together's and the idea of early morning SMT's took hold more and more people got word and joined in.

For me, I have met some fantastic people and made some lifelong friends and learnt a lot about the Porsche brand and their cars from some very knowledgeable and generous people.

A busy life has meant that I am not able to contribute as much as I used to but I still check in and take an interest in what is going on and what people are doing and saying.

So I hope everyone continues to enjoy the forum and contribute and share their knowledge. It will be interesting to watch it continue to evolve over the next 10 years.

A big thanks to the moderators and especially to Kez for having the idea and putting the endless hours into getting it set up and running. 

Best wishes to everyone

Chris.

Chris my friend, you beat me to it, and nailed it!

Thank you and everyone else who formally and informally supports the PFA - moderators, posters, event organisers, SMT'ers, advocates, pcar nuts, pedants etc etc 😎

We do have, of course, something up our selves for a little bit later in the year as a new amenity for our membership, as well as our 10 year celebration event!!!

Cheers mate, and as usual, very kind words.

Kez

ZOXQrgH.2.thumb.jpg.f7859d9220f979d83818d0153c5c7ac6.jpg 

@hugh sorry mate, you can't put that in front of an old photographer without him tweaking the exposure!!! 🙄😬)

Yep, that was the #HB2 nod to some of the original PFA gang... Doug, me, Chris and Niko. Of course we left out a couple of peeps that should have been in there as well,

...if only they had a black car, like a GT3, that was black, and a car, and....  🤦‍♂️

Excellent summary and feedback from @Chris-p, one of the absolute gentlemen of the forum 

Im a newbie - September 2011 (6 Porsches ago) and like Chris, heavily engaged in work lately so not posting a lot lately, but always lurking 🙂

Thanks to @Kerry the moderators and all those who keep this ship afloat

5 years or thereabouts member, and 4 P cars (still have 3 😞 ).

I get withdrawal symptoms when I'm not on here for a day 🙂

Great bunch of people, would love to meet more of you in the flesh, bit hard from Tassie, but gradually meeting people as circumstances allow.

Was able to come to HB1, will see how things work out for HB3 (if there is one).  

Would be prepared to bring the GT3 over and leave it for a couple of months if I can string a number of events together - possibly 2021 as 2020 chockers with a couple of overseas trips and financial commitments.

Would be interested if there is a 10th anniversary event, and it can slot in with other commitments

And thanks to the originals, PFA is a fantastic resource!!!!

cheers

Peter

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

5 years or thereabouts member, and 4 P cars (still have 3 😞 ).

I get withdrawal symptoms when I'm not on here for a day 🙂

Great bunch of people, would love to meet more of you in the flesh, bit hard from Tassie, but gradually meeting people as circumstances allow.

Was able to come to HB1, will see how things work out for HB3 (if there is one).  

Would be prepared to bring the GT3 over and leave it for a couple of months if I can string a number of events together - possibly 2021 as 2020 chockers with a couple of overseas trips and financial commitments.

Would be interested if there is a 10th anniversary event, and it can slot in with other commitments

And thanks to the originals, PFA is a fantastic resource!!!!

cheers

Peter

and as with most of us, your addiction has spiralled 🙂

Awesome forum.  Newbie of 12 months, but it has become a daily fix.  

Congrats to the founders & team behind it.

Well done also to everyone on here for being able to share info, and from time to time even have different opinions without it becoming a handbag swinging match.   

Where do we get the 10 Year anniversary T-shirt from?!?

Geez. 10 years. Made me go back and see when I joined and it was 8 years ago. Bought 4 Porsche's in that time, hung some shit here and tried to make people smile/laugh occasionally.

Lets see if I can do the same for the next 8 - 10.

Congrats all.

31 minutes ago, Airhead said:

Geez. 10 years. Made go back and see when i joined and it was 8 years ago. Bought 4 Porsche's in that time, hung some shit here and tried to make people smile/laugh occasionally.

Lets see if I can do the same for the next 8 - 10.

Congrats all.

Yes, me too, joined 2011, 8 years ago. How time flies, what a great forum. I’ve met some great peeps,  been on good drives, really enjoy the banter, BS, contribution of all members. It is a daily check for me, see the new posts, keep up with builds etc. Thanks to Kerry & the mods, really love the community.

Been here 7 years and 2 Porsches! I still remember when I went down to Melbourne with Caver to look at a white 944 and met up with Niko, Kerry, Doug and Theo at The Parmie I think it was called. What a fantastic day even though I didn't buy the car (thank you Caveman for pointing out how the gaps between wheels and arches on either side didn't really match up!). With numerous Canberra trips, SMTs with the crew from NSW and a ton of laughs, this forum really has been  fantastic. I've met some top blokes and enjoy the banter and my daily PFA ritual. Thanks Kerry and mods for making this forum such a unique place. Now I just need to get back into another Porsche! Here's to the next 10 years.

Great post Chris and can't believe PFA has been going 10 years.

Credit to Kerry for establishing PFA.  There were other international Porsche forums around at the time but PFA filled a gap in Australia that allowed Porsche enthusiasts to get together both as a forum and physically in the format of SMT's, coffee and car events, go karts etc etc.

Its a good group for knowledge, banter, drives and events.  It would not exist without the members, sponsors, mods and Kez.

Picture below of the first ever SMT...and none of us have aged a day since 🤣

https://imgur.com/a/5EKfT9B

http://imgur.com/a/5EKfT9B

About 7 years here, like my bathroom visits its a daily part of my life, thanks to Kerry and the guys that invented the possibility.

What a lovely group of guys ive met.

George

39 minutes ago, 911B said:

like my bathroom visits its a daily part of my life

Touching George - you should write greeting card text - LOL 😁

Newby here too, only 7 years 7 months and 3 days plus prior lurking.

PFA is just what we needed in Australia, at the right time.  Somewhere where "we" can spread/glean information about our favourite marque, with the added bonus of friendly banter.

With the advent of PFA, and the internet, it has really opened up the Porsche community in Australia, where prior it just seemed like small "clicky" pockets in the cities, where mechanical knowledge and knowhow was restricted to a few "elite" workshops.

Congratulations

1 hour ago, 911B said:

About 7 years here, like my bathroom visits its a daily part of my life,

Agreed, per my comment in the gratuitous pictures thread, my day doesn't start properly until I've checked out Raven's latest piccie posting 🙂 

On 08/10/2019 at 14:33, Chris-p said:

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would mention that next week it will be 10 years since PFA went live. I remember those early days well when Kez had a few alias' going so people didnt realise how few there were of us. In fact Doug and I would go for days just talking to each other! Momentum gradually built and once we started having get together's and the idea of early morning SMT's took hold more and more people got word and joined in.

For me, I have met some fantastic people and made some lifelong friends and learnt a lot about the Porsche brand and their cars from some very knowledgeable and generous people.

A busy life has meant that I am not able to contribute as much as I used to but I still check in and take an interest in what is going on and what people are doing and saying.

So I hope everyone continues to enjoy the forum and contribute and share their knowledge. It will be interesting to watch it continue to evolve over the next 10 years.

A big thanks to the moderators and especially to Kez for having the idea and putting the endless hours into getting it set up and running. 

Best wishes to everyone

Chris.

The very first SMT participants....

Left to Right.......Kez, Duggy, Dave (Mini-Me) with the hat, Dave with the hat's Brother behind him, Steve, then Frank,  and yours truly on the right.

bd083895-5985-4504-8aea-7a04e75b0c7a.thumb.JPG.4bf37f46d532fd7e662fe3b854ef8ad7.JPG

Frank with his red 964 cab?! From down in Somers or similar? 🤔😊

...and I think Dave preferred  the title of ”mini-me”!  😳😆

12 hours ago, 911B said:

like my bathroom visits its a daily part of my life,

So as you get older you have to look at PFA about once an hour at least right?

10 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

my day doesn't start properly until I've checked out Raven's latest piccie posting 🙂 

And then you have to go the bathroom yeah?

34 minutes ago, Airhead said:

So as you get older you have to look at PFA about once an hour at least right?

And then you have to go the bathroom yeah?

Something like that 😉 

Well said Chris and all the others who have taken the time out to show their appreciation. 

Joined 8 years and six months ago before I owned a Porsche and here we are just a moment later. 

Great forum. Have had some sensational times and made some very close freinds. When I joined I certainly didn't expect all that! 

Credit to Kerry and the early members that kept things going and all of those who contribute to make it such a great medium for us to share our addiction. 

Thank you PFA team. What a great place! Part car place, part men’s/lady’s shed and still United after 10 yrs. a rare breed in forum world that has not descended into tribalism or worse. 

Well worth the $25. Did someone say 10th anniversary sticker?

keep up the excellent work. 

As a newbie I'm just starting  to meet PFA members at different events, one thing stands out, the enthusiasm and knowledge of this community and its members is second to none.

Great work guys!