PFA 10th Anniversary

4 hours ago, thumperson said:

Thank you PFA team. What a great place! Part car place, part men’s/lady’s shed and still United after 10 yrs. a rare breed in forum world that has not descended into tribalism or worse. 

Well worth the $25. Did someone say 10th anniversary sticker?

keep up the excellent work. 

Actually,  the comment about part men's / lady's shed is really important.  I'm really grateful for @OZ930's postings about his health scare, it is great that we trust each other enough to be able to share stories such as this.

Also fantastic that we are able, and willing to help out other forum members with things like initial car inspections, and can also trust each other when we are buying / selling items listed in the for sale / wanted section.  Any advert I've ever seen there has been honest about condition, problems etc

And yes, 2nd the 10th Anniversary decal....

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Actually,  the comment about part men's / lady's shed is really important.  I'm really grateful for @OZ930's postings about his health scare, it is great that we trust each other enough to be able to share stories such as this.

Also fantastic that we are able, and willing to help out other forum members with things like initial car inspections, and can also trust each other when we are buying / selling items listed in the for sale / wanted section.  Any advert I've ever seen there has been honest about condition, problems etc

And yes, 2nd the 10th Anniversary decal....

Couldn’t agree more THT re: non gender-specific shed. I know of many members who have related to me that in addition to their obvious Pcar related obsessing, their various  encounters of honesty/generosity/compassion/community/support/mate-ship etc. My encounters with almost everyone on this forum has been a positive one, and in how many other environments can you say that?! I think that there is something to be said for the “tone” that the original members discussed and desired for the PFA... As an example, not having an open gate on swearing (even though I swear more than most) from the get-go suggested a more respectful platform of discussion than as some were, and have certainly become. And good luck to the Twitter sphere and FB and alltheshitcarsihate.com - there’s a place for everyone! 😳😆

Anyhoo, I don’t think any of the original lads could have imagined what an awesome community it might turn into, so kudos to all you sluggers/posters/readers out there, sitting on the loo, checking out Raven’s daily contribution before the cogs of their day begin😂 and the constant input and support, cos without it, I’d still be having a conversation with Sweaty Betty (also me) about which momo, or kart track, or backroad was best! 

🍻

27 minutes ago, Kerry said:

Anyhoo, I don’t think any of the original lads could have imagined what an awesome community it might turn into, so kudos to all you sluggers/posters/readers out there, sitting on the loo, checking out Raven’s daily contribution before the cogs of their day begin😂 and the constant input and support, cos without it, I’d still be having a conversation with Sweaty Betty (also me) about which momo, or kart track, or backroad was best! 

🍻

I always sterilize my hands and phone after the loo, of course...

Very much a newbie but I can only echo what everyone else has said.

It was literally PFA that got me into my first and current Porsche (cheers @LeeM) and the whole time I’ve been on here, and more recently meeting folks in person, the interactions have been great.

Well done to those who set it up and shaped it to be this way, and everyone who contributes to keeping it such an enjoyable community. 

Great bunch of Gentlemen (Kez,Niko,Steve and Doug) and others along the way who did a brilliant job of shaping a great community of Porsche lovers !

I must have been on the second SMT (which I gave the name to) as I joined within a week of the founding members. Always good to share the life's  journey of adventure, passion and knowledge with those with a common link of a great piece of human engineering.

See you on the next SMT.

Mark.

This is a great place, met so many good people and have become solid friends with many on here.

Also there would not be many other forums you would send your phone No to a total stranger to buy something or gain some information/look at a car for me. then have a 30min conversation with them.

Thankyou Kerry for keeping this place alive. My journey started in 2013 after running into 2 random Porsche guys at a local car show and them saying to me, you gotta join the forum, i ran into one of those guys this morning randomly again while i was having a coffee.

It also brings the whole Porsche community a lot closer in Australia, well done and hopefully many more years to come.

Agree with all of the above. I'm a nooby at just on 2 years but have owned Porsches for nearly 40 years and what I love about the this forum are the lack of snobs.

I used to be a member of 2 different state Porsche clubs in the past which at first were great but as the years went on started to get full of themselves. 

I've conversed with some great people who have really helped me and treat me like a brother ( Adam, ANF, even if he is a Tasmanian 😁 ) and met some great blokes although it meant I met up with Lee, sorry Lee i'm kidding😀 who love some spirited driving and are definitely not up themselves.

Anyway here's to another 10 years and more.

Edit. Raven you are a legend. The first page I look at are your pics.

Late to the party posting congratulations and in joining just under 3 years ago. 

I also echo the sentiment of here being a great bunch of warm and welcoming people. I joined soon after loosing my wife to cancer and have found here and particularly the SMT and coffee gatherings a lifeline. I am quite introverted to begin with and had almost become a recluse and have really enjoyed the conversations and especially the friendships formed via this forum!

• 4 weeks later...

VERY late to the party on this one (sorry).

Congrats on 10 years lads. This forum has introduced me to a much of great people, many of whom have become great mates. And, as new member, the sense of open arms welcome into the Porsche community (or this specific arm of the porsche community) was completely unexpected. Great forum, great community, great people.

Thanks for all the effort guys.  this post caused me to go back in time and discover I joined late 2012, 7 years and 3 Porsches ago......wow.

I would not have had the confidence to jump into any of those cars without the great knowledge, support and guidance offered by the good folk of PFA.  Nor would I have sampled the delights of Reefton Spur and Lake Mountain at, ahem, legal speeds 🏎🏎

On 12/10/2019 at 14:42, 3legs said:

Agree with all of the above. I'm a nooby at just on 2 years but have owned Porsches for nearly 40 years and what I love about the this forum are the lack of snobs.

I used to be a member of 2 different state Porsche clubs in the past which at first were great but as the years went on started to get full of themselves. 

I've conversed with some great people who have really helped me and treat me like a brother ( Adam, ANF, even if he is a Tasmanian 😁 ) and met some great blokes although it meant I met up with Lee, sorry Lee i'm kidding😀 who love some spirited driving and are definitely not up themselves.

Anyway here's to another 10 years and more.

Edit. Raven you are a legend. The first page I look at are your pics.

Oi!!

Well done PFA, one of the best places to link up with like minded people.

• 3 weeks later...

A belated congrats to the team that work so hard behind the scenes to make this site happen. From someone who has been heavily involved in another long lived (since 2004) and well respected marque specific car enthusiast forum, 10 years is a great achievement in this tech led changing world.