My new PCar

Dave997S

After an exhaustive search and much help and advice from many here (Chris, Drew, Orchie Hazza, Sal, Lee and others - bloody great stuff lads, what a brilliant community we have), I’ve finally got a new beast.

I had looked very closely at some AC cars but this won out. Delivery (it’s getting trucked to me) is early next week 🤞🏻.

Now, how do I change my forum name to Dave997S 😂

E3284832-ABC9-4DEA-884A-38C13729953E.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Harold996tt said:

Well done mate and every happy all worked out well.in the end. She's a stunner and will. Be a fantastic daily. Time for the adventures to begin with her. 

I’m looking forward to the first drive!

7 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

Who would have thought, the tyre kicker actually bought a car!!

Congratulations , tell us more about the new ride.

After selling the Boxster it was very tough not having a PCar is the garage.

Its a MY06 997S with a few options...the red seatbelts should be good for a few extra km/h in top speed and the carbon steering wheel and gear knob make it lighter than a standard S.

As Big Kev would say...”I’M EXCITED”

10 hours ago, Mike737 said:

Nice one mate. Car looks great. What colour is it as it looks like it's reflecting a fair bit of sky in that photo

It’s seal grey mate 

1 hour ago, Dalai said:

Great news Dave. Looking forward to seeing it soon!

If you are going to the PCA at Porsche Melbourne on the 19th, we’ll be there.

2 hours ago, PIC said:

Congrats Dave. Looks like a interesting colour. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Seal grey...a little different to the arctic silver

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Good on ya Dave!

Thanks matey

17 hours ago, Dave986 said:

After an exhaustive search and much help and advice from many here (Chris, Drew, Orchie Hazza, Sal, Lee and others - bloody great stuff lads, what a brilliant community we have), I’ve finally got a new beast.

I had looked very closely at some AC cars but this won out. Delivery (it’s getting trucked to me) is early next week 🤞🏻.

Now, how do I change my forum name to Dave997S 😂

E3284832-ABC9-4DEA-884A-38C13729953E.jpeg

Dave, you'll enjoy cleaning with those wheels, very easy to get in and clean the whole rim.  And I reckon they look a treat, it's almost a twin to my Seal Grey 996.2 🙂 

6 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Dave, you'll enjoy cleaning with those wheels, very easy to get in and clean the whole rim.  And I reckon they look a treat, it's almost a twin to my Seal Grey 996.2 🙂 

Thanks mate. After having a black car I was never going to get another!!! The seal grey is a great colour (biased!!)

14 hours ago, Dave986 said:

After selling the Boxster it was very tough not having a PCar is the garage.

Its a MY06 997S with a few options...the red seatbelts should be good for a few extra km/h in top speed and the carbon steering wheel and gear knob make it lighter than a standard S.

As Big Kev would say...”I’M EXCITED”

Well done Dave, looks great ! I have the Arctic twin, same wheels but sadly no red seat belts, so you've probably just got me on the line lol ! Look forward to seeing it around G'town.  

2 hours ago, Dave986 said:

Thanks mate. After having a black car I was never going to get another!!! The seal grey is a great colour (biased!!)

Yeah I know what you mean re the black, I had a black car once, looks good when clean & polished but the maintenance...........

Seal Grey just like mine 996. Great colour changes in the light, interestingly I would not have picked it in that photo.

The only down side you have those ugly round headlights, but I'm sure you could retro fit some 996 lights.