[QLD] Northern end Sunshine Coast 911 Servicing? (Air Cooled)

Good morning,

I know there is a thread from a few years ago on Sunshine Cost servicing options for 911's. I'm hoping there have been some updates in options since the original thread and if anyone can recommend a reputable option towards Noosa.

I have used Eurocar Upgrades - very good guys for the basic stuff but also a trek from where I am. I'm looking to get some more complex work done to my 3.2 88' Carrera (CV Joints, Full Suspension Refresh, Exhaust, investigate the AIS) so am weighing up going to T&D in Brissie (which will be a punish but may be worth it) or if someone great has sprung up more locally.

Thoughts? 

In my 11 year Porsche ownership on the Sunshine Coast, I have found NO ONE that I would trust close by…..and not many in Brisbane either. A lot (most) independent's in Brisbane quote the same or more $$ that the OPC Brisbane, give no guaranty on workmanship and treat you like a milk cow. 

After saying that, I did use Blitz in Kunda Park (between the Bruce hwy and Maroochydore) to swap out the shock absorbers on my 996 Boxster S about 8 years ago, but as for their expertise on air cooled cars ???. 

Brisbane OPC have worked on my cars exclusively for the last 7 years, I drive and leave the car @ their workshop then walk 5 min. to the nearest train station and home from there. And they give a 2 year warranty on the job. A schlep I know, but that's a cost of living where we live.....

T&D are no longer T&D.  They've been taken over by another mob (name escapes me) that I've heard nothing but bad things about (though I haven't used them myself).  Don Munro is supposed to be good.  There is another guy on the Southside who is supposed to be great at A/C cars (works on them alone) - someone will know his name - always hear good reports - hard to get into.

• 3 months later...

Oops! Didn't realise the lack of Avatar was the proof of ownership! @Stephen Tinker Full service including valve adjustment and replacement of CV boots (that had started to crack) and a go over of the car. He picked up the PPI items (which were minimal but a few other bits) - I'm in Doonan Sunshine Coast and it is an unmolested 1988 3.2 Carrera.

Really good knowledgeable guy - I was very impressed with his knowledge and he was great to deal with. Given there is almost zilch Porsche trained people up here apart from him he lived up to the recommendations.