996 Mk1 GT3

GT3LOUI

@spiller my experience is the same. To put it into perspective the quality and issues were similar on comparable high end cars of the era.

We can bang on about air cooled cars, I have them - every Porsche year model has a significant defect.

i can live with interior defects over mechanical ones, 901 gearbox, 915 gearbox, head studs, week con rod bolts, electric gremlins, shite air con. If you have had an air cooled car for a reasonable amount of time - you will be able to match the year model to the defect list, no one escapes.

If you have a turbo or or a GT3 then you escape the later mechanical gremlins- ims, rms, bore scoring, total engine failure. That takes us from the first 911 right up to the yet unknown reliability of the 992.

As for interior, they were all sub standard on every Porsche right up to 2013 in my opinion. I don’t care, it’s not why I bought the car.

My rant is over

On 30 October 2019 at 11:40, Jason A said:

My rant is over

I don't agree, regarding interiors.

I had a brand new Boxster in 2002. The interior never once seemed sub standard. I swapped that for a 2004 C4S and it also did not feel or seem sub standard to its contemporaries, in fact it was superior than my colleagues other German cars.

Perhaps compared to today's & more modern interiors then obviously they are dated.

it would be interesting to hear you detail why you think Porsche interiors were so bad before 2013.

you could also tell us about all the A/C car issues & significant defects that you have experienced.