Adelaide Hills prang

TwoHeadsTas

Jeez, just saw some dashcam footage on the news of a prang in the Adelaide Hills today, Audi at the hands of a 23 yo I think, trying to overtake where he shouldn't.  Looks like you've got as many dickheads over there @LeeM as we seem to have over here ......

48 minutes ago, Raven said:

now you will have the Fuzz stepping up patrols on that road ............:rolleyes:

They're everywhere else mate, so why not add to their revenue 🙄

That road is 80kph, yet theres always some muppet doing 50-60 in a Camry or similar, which I dare say was the reason he had a go at passing

7 hours ago, mhh said:

Oh dear. I suspect he's out of action for a little while now. 

No car, various charges resulting in a driving ban, and I'm sure his insurance company won't be too accommodating with his questionable driving habits nearly killing a couple of people 

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

No car, various charges resulting in a driving ban, and I'm sure his insurance company won't be too accommodating with his questionable driving habits nearly killing a couple of people 

If you look at the footage he really messed up but was his overtaking was legal just didn't see the car coming the other way .

I think charges will be minimal

4 hours ago, wilson59 said:

If you look at the footage he really messed up but was his overtaking was legal just didn't see the car coming the other way .

I think charges will be minimal

Probably, though the revenue commissioner idiot mentioned he was facing numerous driving charges. A lawyer will plea bargain and get him 20 hours community service 

They're lucky the car flipped, otherwise the dude with the dashcam would have probably ended up in a pine box.  Apart from the impatient nature of the Audi driver, the actual road surface is in pretty shit condition as well.

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Probably, though the revenue commissioner idiot mentioned he was facing numerous driving charges. A lawyer will plea bargain and get him 20 hours community service 

Can’t see how unless he was drinking or on drugs . Speed can’t be proved he passed where allowed just didn’t see the oncoming car .

Driving without due care I would think 

18 hours ago, LeeM said:

He tried overtaking two cars and failed miserably 

I still don’t get how / why he flipped it?  Was he trying to pull back in?  Lucky to get out.

5 hours ago, Dalai said:

Thanks!  Now I can armchair general.

Bit of stupidity as he surely was unable to see around the bend at that distance, at least until it was too late. Perhaps there should also have been double white lights for the gumbys that don't know how to drive those sorts of roads or be patient. 

19 hours ago, Raven said:

feel terrible for the person with the dash cam who got it head on ,,,,,ouch thats a big hit ,,hope the driver and any passengers were ok :(

Yellow Audi driver needs a swift kick and then some 

Technically it was roof-on?

agree it was a big hit and I hope they are ok.  And I mean walking around without pain ok and not just alive in a hospital ok.

19 hours ago, firstone said:

Lose his own car, pay for the write off victims car, plus the repairs to the clipped rear. Then any injury claims.

Expensive ride.

His insurance co might eject him as a policy holder in the future but I think they’ll have to pay, assuming he has some.  I’d say the max fine here is going to be ‘due care and attention’ as already noted.  I don’t see any laws being broken apart from not having enough space to pass, which is bad driving but bad driving is not grounds to deny claims (technically all at fault claims are bad driving, right?)  To have a claim denied needs more than that.  To have third party injury claims denied requires illegal activity like dui or unlicensed.  So any injuries will be paid assuming all cars legally registered.

°

6 hours ago, firstone said:

Mmm, I'm probably wrong. I thought i saw broken white lines down hill and solid on his side. Poor video quality though. 

Broken on his side (pause at 13seconds).

I wonder if the white car saw the yellow car coming and braked to give room but instead closed the gap for him to pull in.

Probably would have been a coming together anyway.

It’s all armchair theories, only a couple of people really know.

i wonder how much they were paid for the video.