2 x 930's going to auction

FYI I have heard that there will be 2 x local (Northern Tasmanian) 930s going to auction at Tullochs Auctions in the next few weeks.  Sorry, don't know any specific details other than they are owned by the same person, in which case I think I know who the owner is, but have never seen the cars, although I do personally know the person who has serviced them for a number of years.  Apparently also a 328 Fezza as well.  I'll keep my ear to the ground for any further details..

This crowd sold a DeLorean last year for a crazy price, and they got an absolutely crazy price on an unrestored Targa Sporto, so they seem to have the knack of getting  a good price for the vendor, as well as making a whack on commissions and buyers fees.

• 1 year later...
21 hours ago, blue_ixxi said:

Ha, found this thread coincidentally.

I just put down a deposit on those 2 930s over the weekend. Didn't realise they were up for auction 2 years ago as well. Still trying to find more about the cars. @NBTBRV8 do you know much about them and can you share what you do know?

2026296038_ScreenShot2021-05-22at6_44_39pm.thumb.jpg.5f0a6b69f00bb56ff77e1ab217124410.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 6.43.13 pm.jpg

Hi,

I met you with Phil on Saturday (I had the M5 at the MG workshop).  I hope it all works out well for you.

On 28/05/2021 at 18:41, NBTBRV8 said:

How did you go with the PPI, did they come back clean?

Yes, pretty much what I expected from my chats with Phil. White needs some body work and a fresh coat, and Black needs a better paint job. White probably also needs a top end rebuild and addressing of other electrical and cosmetic issues. Black seems well sorted mechanically.

2 hours ago, blue_ixxi said:

Yes, pretty much what I expected from my chats with Phil. White needs some body work and a fresh coat, and Black needs a better paint job. White probably also needs a top end rebuild and addressing of other electrical and cosmetic issues. Black seems well sorted mechanically.

So @blue_ixxi,  given those PPI results were similar to expected, are you still proceeding?

Drive!!

the white car looks exactly like mine from the side, where you can’t notice the fact I’m missing the wide guards, wheels and turbo badging and turbo in general.  

Hope You can keep us up to date as you refresh and start using these beauties.

48 minutes ago, blue_ixxi said:

Booked my flight and ferry tickets last night. The prices are rock bottom and car transport is free on the Spirit, so hoping Covid in Melbs stays under control next 2 weeks.

Yeah, hoping they are easy on time and wallet to refresh. Will keep the forum posted!

Let me know when you're here and might see about a catchup here.  You've got to checkout our motor museum while you're visiting 🙂 

Question on driving up the cars from Tassie to Sydney. I believe the sellers will return the number plates to Services Tasmania, and I will need to get a 28 day temporary registration that allows me to drive them interstate.

Does anyone know if the cars will have any number plates at all? I find it a bit difficult to imagine I would be driving TAS - NSW distance without a number plate. Won't the cops pull me over? 

6 minutes ago, blue_ixxi said:

Question on driving up the cars from Tassie to Sydney. I believe the sellers will return the number plates to Services Tasmania, and I will need to get a 28 day temporary registration that allows me to drive them interstate.

Does anyone know if the cars will have any number plates at all? I find it a bit difficult to imagine I would be driving TAS - NSW distance without a number plate. Won't the cops pull me over? 

Check if they are registered first.  if they are the seller can go to Service Tas and pay a $30 fee and swap over to standard plates and still keep the cars registered.  When you do the receipt state the date and time ownership/liability takes over.

If they aren't registered It gets a bit harder and I am not sure what the deal is with temporary permits, check out the TAS Govt website.

I suspect each state/territory has their own permit scheme. I know for Vic you purchase an unregistered vehicle permit and based on the duration needed will dictate the cost. Limited use of course. I would suggest spending some time on the NSW registration government website. Sorry, I only know vicroads.vic.gov.au ;) 

26 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Check if they are registered first.  if they are the seller can go to Service Tas and pay a $30 fee and swap over to standard plates and still keep the cars registered.  When you do the receipt state the date and time ownership/liability takes over.

If they aren't registered It gets a bit harder and I am not sure what the deal is with temporary permits, check out the TAS Govt website.

Yes the cars are registered. Will speak to the seller about the standard plates, Thanks!

21 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

I suspect each state/territory has their own permit scheme. I know for Vic you purchase an unregistered vehicle permit and based on the duration needed will dictate the cost. Limited use of course. I would suggest spending some time on the NSW registration government website. Sorry, I only know vicroads.vic.gov.au ;) 

Yes been doing that. NSW says they recognise UVP given by other states, but also say you can get UVP in NSW for journeys starting in other states. I guess it will be easy to call and clarify with Service NSW.

Services TAS doesn't have any mention of permit stickers, and they are also willing to issue a permit over email, so was wondering if & how they would issue permit stickers.

51 minutes ago, JLD said:

You can only use an unregistered vehicle permit in the state it’s issued. Ask the seller to keep them registered until you get home, saves trucking costs

There is an element of trust in this, the seller is buying you as much as you are buying the seller.  When I got my GT3 the seller left the plates on to allow me to have a drive around Melb for a couple of days before going back to Tassie, I sent them back when I got home so he could get the refund on remaining rego

Easy peasy ... and yes, I’m speaking from experience.

Go to Service NSW and get 2 x UVP’s. You self declare they are roadworthy on the form. They are recognised and allow you to drive anywhere in Aus TO NSW. Sightseeing not included.

They will only give you them for a limited time frame .. for the time you think it will take to drive from point A to point B .. you can add a couple of days for stopovers but you can’t just apply for 28 days as they know it won’t take that long.

No, you won’t have any number plates and it’s still legal. If you get pulled over, you have paperwork and a temporary rego sticker. I drove a truck from Adelaide to Sydney on a UVP and had no issues at all .. 😀

Once you get home, you can still drive it to repairers etc. while unregistered. Just have a booking for work to be done to avoid any issues.

1 minute ago, Dreamr said:

Easy peasy ... and yes, I’m speaking from experience.

Go to Service NSW and get 2 x UVP’s. You self declare they are roadworthy on the form.

They will only give you them for a limited time frame .. for the time you think it will take to drive from point A to point B .. you can add a couple of days for stopovers but you can’t just apply for 28 days as they know it won’t take that long.

No, you won’t have any number plates and it’s still legal. If you get pulled over, you have paperwork and a temporary rego sticker. I drove a truck from Adelaide to Sydney on a UVP and had no issues at all .. 😀

Once you get home, you can still drive it to repairers etc. while unregistered. Just have a booking for work to be done to avoid any issues.

The question is though are the permits valid outside of the state they are issued in given there is no registration.

5 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

The question is though are the permits valid outside of the state they are issued in given there is no registration.

Yes .. they allow you to drive from anywhere TO home.

5 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Just to clarify .. if the UVP is issued in NSW, you can start anywhere but must be returning to NSW. You can’t get one in NSW and drive from Melbourne to Adelaide.