galumay

My 2005 Cayenne Turbo Project

I noted the fuel consumption, hoping I can improve that with new plugs and coils - open to any other suggestions. Its a bit better than it looks because of the 6% speedo error with the Mud Terrains. (probably more like 15l per 100km.)

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Great story!!!  Now, will the Cayenne tow the boat????

Easily, but the Troopy with the 6.2L Chev diesel does too, and it already has the trailer brake controller fitted! The Cayenne will probably get to tow the 4.7m tinny hiding in the carport behind the big boat.

Good to see another Porsche going to great use. Love those long road trips! Look forward to seeing more of your adventures in the Cayenne. 

I have completed just over 10,000 kms in my Porsche in just over 8 months of mainly country cruising including a 2500km return trip from Mount Buller via the long way. I am mainly limited to the tarmac where you must be able to get to some amazing spots with the 4wd. Although I did take a wrong turn on one occasion and probably would have appreciated a "no Porsche sports cars allowed sign".  Car ended up looking just like yours!

Done a bit more work on the pig, she has a nice new set of Denso plugs and Cosmo Racing coils. Took me a couple of hours to do the whole job from start to finish, not bad for the first time! I have no idea how it still ran, the plugs were so old they had about a 5mm gap! Half the coils were cracked.

Took it for a little drive in the deep, soft, end of dry season powder sand, mainly to check it went in and out of low range and could select and deselect the diff locks. All good. I didn't have to walk home either! Went down the test track in Low with centre diff lock, came back thru in high. Its going to take some serious sand to stop this thing!

Popped out to Gapuwiyak today to do a small job, about 220kms out the track. I am guessing its the first porsche to ever visit the community! Had a small side trip in the bush on the way home for lunch at and a swim. Dodged a buff have a wallow in a big puddle beside the road!

IMG_5899.jpg

IMG_5901.jpg

IMG_5904.jpg

IMG_5915.jpg

22 hours ago, galumay said:

Popped out to Gapuwiyak today to do a small job, about 220kms out the track. I am guessing its the first porsche to ever visit the community! Had a small side trip in the bush on the way home for lunch at and a swim. Dodged a buff have a wallow in a big puddle beside the road!

IMG_5899.jpg

IMG_5901.jpg

IMG_5904.jpg

IMG_5915.jpg

Great to see the car being used this way Galuway🙂 

Bull Bar (or Buffalo Bar) on the way for the front??

On 18/12/2019 at 22:05, galumay said:

IMG_5899.jpg

IMG_5901.jpg

IMG_5904.jpg

IMG_5915.jpg

Love it!  Probably the first Cayenne that fella has seen.