Looking to buy a 993

Hi All

I am on the hunt for a 993 coupe. Pref is for a C2 manual original with proven history, varioram would be nice. An auto would not be out of the question for the right car.

If anyone here has a car & are selling let me know or if you know of a good car drop me a line.

Budget is limited but sensible & I can finalise purchase quickly.

The Qld C2S auto in "Versuvio" which ended up being reasonably priced I would have chased but timing was not on my side.

Thanks for reading

(I did try posting in "wanted" but it did not work)

2 hours ago, Arnage said:

Hi All

I am on the hunt for a 993 coupe. Pref is for a C2 manual original with proven history, varioram would be nice. An auto would not be out of the question for the right car.

If anyone here has a car & are selling let me know or if you know of a good car drop me a line.

Budget is limited but sensible & I can finalise purchase quickly.

The Qld C2S auto in "Versuvio" which ended up being reasonably priced I would have chased but timing was not on my side.

Thanks for reading

(I did try posting in "wanted" but it did not work)

And what of the C4S?

1 minute ago, Arnage said:

Ah ok. I was, it must of just expired. I did not get any notification, is this normal?

I will attend to it.

Thanks

I didn't get a notification, just renewed my membership also..

A 993 manual can be hard to find at times, seems people hold onto them forever or ask unrealistic prices 

3 hours ago, James P said:

A 993 manual can be hard to find at times, seems people hold onto them forever or ask unrealistic prices 

Mine expired yesterday! just renewed now.

Trying to flush out a unicorn who is realistic & who wants a simple transaction.

1 hour ago, James P said:

If they are hard to find then it also explains why the prices may be unrealistic.... Demand versus supply. Having said that there is a dirt cheap silver 993 for sale manual recent full body respray by zag.  Porsche Club NSW member car. And its condition is good when I saw it at the concourse. 

26 minutes ago, Harold996tt said:

If they are hard to find then it also explains why the prices may be unrealistic.... Demand versus supply. Having said that there is a dirt cheap silver 993 for sale manual recent full body respray by zag.  Porsche Club NSW member car. And its condition is good when I saw it at the concourse. 

What's considered dirt cheap & where can @Arnage find it?

How about this one, same colour as my old 993

http://www.pcnsw.com.au/PorscheClubs/pc_nsw/pc_main.nsf/web/8525D95987F116ABC125846400241C2C#pagetop

1 hour ago, Harold996tt said:

This is a UK car & I think the seller has just upped the price from $102k to $109. Looks the part though.

1 hour ago, James P said:

What's considered dirt cheap & where can @Arnage find it?

How about this one, same colour as my old 993

http://www.pcnsw.com.au/PorscheClubs/pc_nsw/pc_main.nsf/web/8525D95987F116ABC125846400241C2C#pagetop

I have emailed the owner. It was on CS a few weeks back so it may have sold. I think price wise this is probably where its at.

Is that your old car thats on CS at $70k. Do you know anything about its Write Off status? 

Thanks for the heads up.

On 05/11/2019 at 11:33, Arnage said:

This is a UK car & I think the seller has just upped the price from $102k to $109. Looks the part though.

I have emailed the owner. It was on CS a few weeks back so it may have sold. I think price wise this is probably where its at.

Is that your old car thats on CS at $70k. Do you know anything about its Write Off status? 

Thanks for the heads up.

Explains the price level mate. Didn't realise it was a UK import. 

Great choice & good luck with the search. You’re correct about people not selling....i’ve had mine for 15+ years & I love it more today than I did the day I bought it. I’m up at Mount Buller doing rece for Targa High Country this weekend. Using the 993 & it’s perfect for an extended blast around the hills. Reliable, quick (but not over powered), great balance & heating / cooling that works. A perfect classic.....keep your eye on the prize, you won’t regret. I took two years to find mine so don’t despair will be worth the wait !!!!

Cheers,

Matt

On 05/11/2019 at 05:39, Arnage said:

Mine expired yesterday! just renewed now.

Trying to flush out a unicorn who is realistic & who wants a simple transaction.

What' realistic. Went for stroll around a park.  Sighted a simple piece of paper on a dash with a mobile number that  if you called  would have you in a White one with 124km,  oz delivered and wood grain interior, but a Carrera 4 , but 3 pedals for 120k if an argy bargy goes no where.  Not unicorn enough perhaps?

On 11/11/2019 at 17:39, smit2100 said:

What' realistic. Went for stroll around a park.  Sighted a simple piece of paper on a dash with a mobile number that  if you called  would have you in a White one with 124km,  oz delivered and wood grain interior, but a Carrera 4 , but 3 pedals for 120k if an argy bargy goes no where.  Not unicorn enough perhaps?

That to me is a very interesting car and priced to sell. The wood is the killer but shouldn't put anyone off a good car. I actually like the bentley theme for something a little off tangent. Car looks clean as heck. And well maintained. 

57 minutes ago, Harold996tt said:

That to me is a very interesting car and priced to sell. The wood is the killer but shouldn't put anyone off a good car. I actually like the bentley theme for something a little off tangent. Car looks clean as heck. And well maintained. 

I have no idea what car is being talked about here, please guide me.

Thought smit was talking in riddles😀

1 hour ago, Arnage said:

I have no idea what car is being talked about here, please guide me.

Thought smit was talking in riddles😀

Not convinced on your unicorn search skills and ability to flush one out at a reasonable price. 😉I was on a leisurely Sunday stroll through a park in WA and noticed this.  Key details per my riddle.  Super zoom on the second pic will even give you a number to call.  I did not take a pic of the wood grained dash but I think it matches the steering wheel which you can  also super zoom on.  Factual substance to what you consider is a riddle. Bottom line of the riddle in response to your post,  is this looks to be a very simple transaction. An  EFT for 120k and its yours  PS Well recognized WA P aircooled  mechanic was acting for on and on behalf of his customer in terms of obtaining some details.  Just a view but a ppi may be a waste if time as if you get one done,  you will likely end up with the mechanic / workshop who gave me the details on the car.  In riddle speak, have a 50 cent detailed  chat on the blower to whose been servicing this car and instead of a PPI, put the $400 bucks towards transporting it from Perth instead. But each to their own.20191110_121011.thumb.jpg.e7d92254bc182d97c3c47e6e0da2e305.jpg20191110_120959.thumb.jpg.d1e29a12e3e150901aac4fe66ad64d82.jpg

On 16/11/2019 at 23:48, smit2100 said:

Not convinced on your unicorn search skills and ability to flush one out at a reasonable price. 😉I was on a leisurely Sunday stroll through a park in WA and noticed this.  Key details per my riddle.  Super zoom on the second pic will even give you a number to call.  I did not take a pic of the wood grained dash but I think it matches the steering wheel which you can  also super zoom on.  Factual substance to what you consider is a riddle. Bottom line of the riddle in response to your post,  is this looks to be a very simple transaction. An  EFT for 120k and its yours  PS Well recognized WA P aircooled  mechanic was acting for on and on behalf of his customer in terms of obtaining some details.  Just a view but a ppi may be a waste if time as if you get one done,  you will likely end up with the mechanic / workshop who gave me the details on the car.  In riddle speak, have a 50 cent detailed  chat on the blower to whose been servicing this car and instead of a PPI, put the $400 bucks towards transporting it from Perth instead. But each to their own.20191110_121011.thumb.jpg.e7d92254bc182d97c3c47e6e0da2e305.jpg20191110_120959.thumb.jpg.d1e29a12e3e150901aac4fe66ad64d82.jpg

If you don't mind wood interiors.... It was a 20k option when new.... This is a great car. And if you buy it please leave the wood trim. It was so good in a crazy kind of way. Let me. See if I can find a pic or the wood interior as I took one picture of it. 

I personally love the interior.... So unique. And car was in brilliant condition. 

Screenshot_2019-11-18-02-34-58.png

Screenshot_2019-11-18-02-35-04.png

On 16/11/2019 at 22:48, smit2100 said:

That you Mr smit its all a lot clearer in non "riddle speak", 😀. Are you saying that after your chat with the mechanic that he convinced you with work done etc that a PPI would not be a requirement in this case? Could you explain why? PM me if you prefer.

Thanks also Harold for your pics & observations.

It does indeed look like a nice car. Personally, I don't like all the timber, however compromise always comes into the equation so its not a no.

I think the car features for a moment in this video 

7 hours ago, Arnage said:

That you Mr smit its all a lot clearer in non "riddle speak", 😀. Are you saying that after your chat with the mechanic that he convinced you with work done etc that a PPI would not be a requirement in this case? Could you explain why? PM me if you prefer.

Thanks also Harold for your pics & observations.

It does indeed look like a nice car. Personally, I don't like all the timber, however compromise always comes into the equation so its not a no.

I think the car features for a moment in this video 

Buying a car for me is a akin to an objective function equation where you have a set of variables (model, colour, k's travelled, options , urgency to garage, smile on the dial return, butt dyno mod  potential  etc ) and then  it's a matter of maximising them within a set budget  ( might have some extra below the line contingency coin that you can draw upon that is kept from  Ministers of Finance who may not  actively delve beyond the  headline costs if such a need arises).

You get a feel for what's in the current  market  and asking prices and what are the outliers and what you get for the outliers.  If you do your desktop review homework , i.e super zoom on pics and look at details on the car , you get a feel for what passes the virtual ruler  sniff  test, to move onto  a few calls ( owners / workshop) and google for social media messages and queues  with the BS meter on to  sniff out facts from fiction.  A PPI for me is just a risk mitigation action to further confirm facts based on where your ruler ended up, via a second set of more experienced eyes to run the ruler over the car with a different lens.  

Prior to coming across the 993 , I straw polled about 10 different P car  owners in seperate chats on who services you car in Perth. Apppeared  there all drinking from the same green Cottees cordial bottle ( perhaps,  nearly all were PCWA members I believe) as nearly all of them said, send it to that guy over there ( pointing)  for aircooled and that guy over there ( pointing) for watercooled if you don't need a dealers stamp.  

In terms of the aircooled guy, reckon reputation risk is worth something in a smaller city like Perth with a smaller pool of P cars up for servicing / mechanical  works.  So as  a business owner would you drive to  a decent P event with peers, existing customers and potentially new customers in a long term customers car  that you have serviced for years that has a sale sign note on it and be happy to  field questions on it if it was NQR and the  asking price was not reflective of the NQRness  With my bullshit meter on, didn't hear much used car salesman speak, eg appeared to be straight up and down honest responses based on facts that I was hearing and subsequent eaves stopping on conversations  reflected  technical competance and a finger on the pulse on other cars around the traps based on actual have it on good first hand authority.   So not convinced I would be doing the same thing and putting my reputation on the line if I was in his shoes if the car was NQR given the asking price even if there was a little back pocket motivation besides looking after a long time customer  and having some skin in the game.

Just a view, but doing a PPI in this case is a kin to spending coin to memorialise details of  a phone conversation or paying an audit partner to reproduce the audit letters for the last 10 years after they verbally attested   to you,  each year has been signed reflecting each year I personaaly did the work and the  reported financials were a true and fair representation of the financial status of the business. In this case, I would prefer to see the invoices for the work done over some of the recent  journey which is more likely to be available particularly if the owner is loose on record keeping. 

Note workshop in WA is RJP Motorports. Note zero affiliation besides 2 x 2minutes chats 12 months apart with the workshop owner. 

Heres an ending  riddle  to reinforce no affiliation.  In terms of bang for driving buck and an objective function equation, if your into  white and perhaps a bit more uniqueness, and you come up about 12.5% on the asking price on the 993, but  have faith in a panel shop and reselling price is not high on the list, surely  you be rather rowing gears at least once a week in a gated aluminium  6 speed gear shift selector hooked up to a 3rd  pedal that is  mated to a N/A 5.2l  V10 lambo motor all manufactured in  this decade that clearly  doesn't come with the lambo tax and marginal performance difference when in the seat.

9 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Heres an ending  riddle  to reinforce no affiliation.  In terms of bang for driving buck and an objective function equation, if your into  white and perhaps a bit more uniqueness, and you come up about 12.5% on the asking price on the 993, but  have faith in a panel shop and reselling price is not high on the list, surely  you be rather rowing gears at least once a week in a gated aluminium  6 speed gear shift selector hooked up to a 3rd  pedal that is  mated to a N/A 5.2l  V10 lambo motor all manufactured in  this decade that clearly  doesn't come with the lambo tax and marginal performance difference when in the seat.

You might be onto something here...