for sale 550 spyder replica

Hi all, am gauging interest on here before I advertise “publicly” ,

For sale Porsche 550 Spyder (Beck replica)

Most of you would be aware Beck were known as the most accurate Spyder replica, Chuck Beck being rumoured to having borrowed an original 550 to copy the chassis and take body moulds off, I’m sure you can and will google it

Specs I have from when the car was new / sold in US

1917cc dual port type 1 VW engine, with increased sump capacity, high capacity oil cooler, high compression pistons, bog cam, electronic ignition, dual weber 44 IDF carbs, and some really cool sand cast Porsche type 547 engine inspired rocker covers– making 125bhp

Car weighs approx. 650kgs and is claimed for 0-60mph (it is American) in 6 seconds and ¼ mile in 13.5 secs, it got fairly tall diff gears but it does feel fairly quick, but that’s partly due to the “openness” and lowness of it, it handles quite well, has almost new Koni shocks and adjustable torsion bar suspension,

4 wheel disc brakes (adjustable bias) with alloy hubs and original “wide 5” stud pattern

Car was brought to AU in 2006 by previous owner (I have copy of import papers) whom I purchased off in 2008

It is registered as a 1955 Porsche on Vic club reg (since approx. 2012 (it was titled in US as 55 Porsche and purchased as such, therefore imported as 55 Porsche,)

No not it’s not brand new or concourse, Yes it has a few blemishes both inside and out and yes it has a bit of patina, but that all adds to the illusion of it being 65 years old, it is admired by all who see it and its an uber cool thing to cruise around in

Selling due to lack of use (lack of time) and needing the dollars to fund another project

Testing the water at $75k ONO, I’m not interested in silly lowball offers, it looks to cool sitting in the garage for that, if I cant get close to this I’ll make more effort to sue it and sell something else

Available for viewing by serous buyers only in Melb outer north by appointment

Thanks

Jase

IMG_3872.JPG

IMG_3873.JPG

IMG_3874.JPG

IMG_3869.JPG

IMG_3870.JPG

IMG_3871.JPG

On 08/11/2019 at 16:14, rafikdous said:

excuse me for asking but are you sure this is a Beck? Beck definitely did not have the vents on the rear guards nor flared front guards

Possible that someone modified the car later of course

Very well presented, GLWS

to be honest no i'm not 100% sure its a beck, i bought it as a beck (but it only has a Porsche ID plate) so without asking beck to ID it? if you google beck 550a the pics are same as mine (flares and vented guards) other than that I have nothing to confirm 

• 4 months later...