PDK - I wish I'd known about this car !!

SJL

Perhaps the car has been remediated correctly. So I don't want to taint it. It was beautiful. I happily paid cash for the car naively. Looking deeper, there was a long period period between service - the km's were correct but the car was obviously not driven for a year or so.

The tyres fitted to the car were not Porsche Spec. Cheaper 2nd hand ones. The seat " stoppers" were broken. Cracked plastics under the boot and the engine lid struts were broken. The battery was faulty.On top of the fact that the transmission failure occurred immediately after purchase I feel that this car may have had a less than exemplary past. Porsches refusal to have anything to do with this car and the dealers multiple attempts to find an inferior fix that did not resolve made me feel like an idiot. But not Stupid !!

I now have a Porsche that I bought from an approved dealer and I could not be happier !! A big lesson learnt !!

I think its telling that the new cheap - no cost plates I returned the car with are still on it !!

8 hours ago, SJL said:

Perhaps the car has been remediated correctly. So I don't want to taint it. It was beautiful. I happily paid cash for the car naively. Looking deeper, there was a long period period between service - the km's were correct but the car was obviously not driven for a year or so.

The tyres fitted to the car were not Porsche Spec. Cheaper 2nd hand ones. The seat " stoppers" were broken. Cracked plastics under the boot and the engine lid struts were broken. The battery was faulty.On top of the fact that the transmission failure occurred immediately after purchase I feel that this car may have had a less than exemplary past. Porsches refusal to have anything to do with this car and the dealers multiple attempts to find an inferior fix that did not resolve made me feel like an idiot. But not Stupid !!

I now have a Porsche that I bought from an approved dealer and I could not be happier !! A big lesson learnt !!

I think its telling that the new cheap - no cost plates I returned the car with are still on it !!

Happy to read it all worked out in the end and you have a great car now .......................enjoy :Beer: