MotoGP

LeeM

Absolutely not having a go at his talent. He is by far the best rider out there and I have to admit his attitude has changed for the better in the last year or 2 but his attitude when he first got into Motogp really sucked and he put me off of him from then and I'm sorry but he will always be a upstart to me (much like Lewis Hamilton except MM has more talent in his little finger than  LH will ever have).

Sorry rant over. I do feel better though😂

2 hours ago, 9er said:

Neither are his competitors, over 400 points in a season.

Never done before, almost winning the constructors title on his own, his talent boggles the mind.

All but 20 points wasnt it? Madness how good he is on a bike. Most can save a rear slide, yet the amount of front end slides he's saved is just crazy! You can see how hard he is pushing the front all the time, and I always think he's gonna crash. 

As for Alex in a factory team first up. He didn't disgrace himself at the guest ride/test earlier in the year, so maybe that helped Honda make a decision? I highly doubt Marc would have had a big say in it, as its Honda, and you do things their way. Reckon Alberto Puig would have been pushing to sign him up though. It will be interesting to see how he goes at the test in a few weeks time, yet having a multiple world champ as your brother will speed up the learning process and have him in the top 6 or 7 pretty quickly. Will be interesting to see if any sibling rivalry comes into play during next season, especially with Quartararo up front all the time now. He'll be Rossi's replacement when he retires I reckon. 

Rumours around online that Miller might be on a factory Ducati next season too

From what I've heard the bikes are putting out that much power that now the front tyre traction is being compromised.(thanks to traction control now looking after the rear end) 

I think Honda should have signed Quartararo I don't think MM's  brother is as good also don't put all your eggs in one basket ie another works rider from a different country makes more marketing sense. That's why Nicky Hayden was kept on for so long and why Rossi is still going round. Plus they would have dealt a big blow to Yamaha as Quartararo will be there biggest threat next season. 

Whoever we are a fan of, we continue to be blessed with spectacular viewing and even though Marc dominated this year, victory was far from certain until the race was finished.

Sometimes the lead changed 3 times in the final sequence!!! Even when Marc had a "comfortable"lead, he was riding so hard that disaster was always possible.

We have an established emphatic champion, just like Jorge, Valentino, Casey, Mick Doohan, Agostini, etc in the past.

Marc has exceptional machine control at a level never seen before (I know the computers play a big part, but there is only one person holding on to the clip ons) and so far has been incredible lucky to have remained virtually uninjured.

I first became a fan of Marc's when he was forced to start from last place on the grid for a Moto 2 race. From the start it was obvious that he intended to win the race as he carved through the field of 30+ riders like they didn't exist. Even when he caught up to the leaders, he didn't waste time assessing their weaknesses, he just rode straight past them and won with seconds to spare. A true champion!!

Bring on 2020. Looking forward to seeing how Alex, Jack, Suzi Quattro etc etc battle it out.

Pack up F1 and Supercars, boring.

Well said @Rob H

Marc is a freak, especially when his peers also think he's nearly unbeatable on most occasions...which is a lot! 

Suzi Quattro 😅😅 Man that kid is good, yet it must annoy him when Marc sits behind watching him until the last lap or two. Star of the future there

Marc Marquez is doing on that Honda what Casey Stoner did on the Ducati years ago nobody else could get the best out of the Duke apart from Stoner and Marquez wrings the neck of that Honda, the way he rides he will be setting records that will take some beating.you have got to love the close racing that all the classes give you in moto gp way better than in F1.