Kacklewagon

I painted a Corvette in acrylic back in the day and with no idea what I was doing it came out great - except for some small patches of tiny humidity blisters on the back and very front that only appeared a few weeks later... I was filthy. Good luck Arne and it's definately worth getting it right. Nice suitable colour too👍

Maybe the air line itself is also getting moisture.  The other thing it could be is the lube for the compressor that is too different to the water (weight, density, thickness....) to be trapped by the water filter.

Dunno really, as a spray painter, I make a good welder and that's something I know even less about 😄 than spray painting.

greatly appreciate all the input. We just keep going , I suppose the final finish will very much reflect our skill levels😂, this will not be a 'concourse finish' , but more a reflection of our labour of love.looking forward  to get the Kackler back on the road and give it another lease on life.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/03/2020 at 07:27, MFX said:

The water trap works much better if it is further from the compressor, but they are still not perfect. You really need to regularly drain the water trap and the tank itself to get half decent results.

I did drain the little trap thingie all the time , but not the compressor itself. I only found the valve under the tank after the job was done. Thank you for the clue.

• 9 months later...

After a little break of 12 month , found my mojo and we are on the homestretch with our Beetle project . Steep learning curve , I reckon the next one would be heaps better , particularly in the paint department. Would love a Beetle run , once she is on the road , if anybody has an old Kackler that needs a brekkie run. 😄

DBF03200-D000-48F7-90F3-0E07E0D32E04.jpeg

37592FB7-4645-415D-9C5C-4564486E5C21.jpeg

• 4 months later...

OMG, it has taken 24 mths to get the kackler on the road . We went through the last hurdle , R W C , and got the bug registered . Spend the last week on the passenger seat driving with my daughter and teaching her how to drive a 60 year old car in modern traffic. She is  totally confident now and loving it. Spend a good amount on parts , holy smoke , I went through the figures , put my brain in denial mode. As you expect, little ongoing issues we have to get on top of . Example : break lights , horn , now you work , now you don’t!! Bad earth? . It was worth it all the way to give the little kackler a new lease on life.

9672213D-F11C-4B25-AA17-E145C8A784A7.jpeg

FD01649C-3579-43A9-94B9-7C148E7AD67A.jpeg