Cayman lowered

Arne Krix

12 hours ago, Arne Krix said:

Getting my Cayman back from the garage , all lowered and set up . Can't wait to check out. This begs for a run. 🧨

WooHoo good on you mate, you'll love it.   Dying to see it.     Glad you went for the EIBACH springs. 

12 hours ago, Arne Krix said:

got to try  and staff around with it, Tried photo taken with my phone and email 'medium' format , still too much data, If I go 'small' , it works , but if I enlarge picture a bit , it becomes all pixilated and you see shit ,

Arne, send it to me if you like on my email and I will be able to post them up for you if you want.   PM SENT..

Photos by Arne....

Looks great Arne, that awful big gap between the rear wheel arch and the tyres is gone.

I find it hard to believe they don't come out of the factory at this height.   

Certainly squats better, be nice to see shots outside on the road or in a park.

Hope you're happy with it.

IMG_3155.jpeg.01a396b75f5882cd05bf0a92343f7194.jpegIMG_3156.jpeg.8bac93e9d8c4a44f9c1e29e43f4b93ff.jpegIMG_3158.jpeg.fbd5241bdf973ed8fe6644bcb85b255b.jpegIMG_3159.jpeg.e9200e7013cebaa2ba539e2fed5988ae.jpeg

Without question 987 Caymans look so much better lowered. I was really impressed with how Niko's BBC looked after having the factory stilts removed.

The only thing that has caused me pause in doing exactly the same thing is the fear of dreaded "bump and bounce" when punting it through the twisty bits.

Im really interested to get some feedback on what the experience has been so far as the Cayman handles so well with the standard setup. This is purely a cosmetic thing for me and I dont want to "bugger up" the current handling.

Also did you look into H&R v's EIBACH debtate?? interested in any feedback on this.

1 hour ago, Grimmy said:

Without question 987 Caymans look so much better lowered. I was really impressed with how Niko's BBC looked after having the factory stilts removed.

The only thing that has caused me pause in doing exactly the same thing is the fear of dreaded "bump and bounce" when punting it through the twisty bits.

Im really interested to get some feedback on what the experience has been so far as the Cayman handles so well with the standard setup. This is purely a cosmetic thing for me and I dont want to "bugger up" the current handling.

Also did you look into H&R v's EIBACH debtate?? interested in any feedback on this.

Thanks for that compliment.   Agree, that they look heaps better with the lowered stance.

I have to admit, I do bottom out on the rubber deflectors in front of the front wheels, and on the very corners of the front lip.

You will get a bit of scraping noise from, I would think those rubber deflectors and maybe in extreme cases the front lip, when pushing it hard through the twisties.

So you end up with a bit of gravel rash on those  rubber deflectors, and the underneath of the front lip L & R sides.  

The gravel rash is not visible and its only when you run your hands over the areas that you can feel it.

As far as handling goes, I think it handles better than standard although I am not someone who can really pick the difference if there is any any.

Having said that, it definitely does not handle worse than original springs, well, not that I have noticed.

The ride is a tad harsher, not a lot.

Driveways etc are a problem of course so care is required. 

I have tried to find a photo of mine with and compared to Chris's GT4, but with no success.  (I will do one next time we are out)

From memory, I think they are very close as far as body ride height is. 

Re the H&R vs the EIBACH, when I researched both brands, and also spoke with the two of the places I was thinking of having fit the springs. 

I was advised by both that the H&R were probably best to stay away from because they were slightly lower than the EIBACH's.

I think the difference was only a couple of mm, from memory.  

They advised me to go with the EIBACH, which I did, and am very happy with them. 

JOCARO in Braeside, fitted the springs for me.

Price of springs were $646.00 delivered to the door (EIBACH SUSPENSION N.S.W. PH 02 9999 3655) the day after ordering (Part No. 10-72-008-01-22 Pro Kit Cayman S)

Fitting was $600.00 which included the front and rear alignments.

Anyway...something for you to think about...   Hope that helps...

(Do it, you'll be rapped) 

+2 on Niko and Arne, I got the H&R springs and have exactly the same comment on the plastic deflectors scraping every now and them, but other than that I love the improved look. They should have come this way from the factory! I'd be interested in doing a side by side height comparison Niko

16 minutes ago, Barks said:

+2 on Niko and Arne, I got the H&R springs and have exactly the same comment on the plastic deflectors scraping every now and them, but other than that I love the improved look. They should have come this way from the factory! I'd be interested in doing a side by side height comparison Niko

Sounds like a plan.   Next time out.:)

Ok, so the 987.2 compared to the GT4 in height.

The bottom lip of the GT4 is lower than the bar lip on the 987.2 

BUT THE UNDERNEATH OF THE CARS......    The 987.2 definitely hangs lower than the GT4.

So your ground clearance with the EIBACH springs is definitely lower than the GT4.IMG_5368.jpeg.f64b05f37be98b48166c991c05e0bcab.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great. Is there any intention to go a bit further handling-wise? Sway bars seems to be the next logical step and gets glowing reports. It's hard to believe that the handling of the Cayman can be improved on, but there is a fair bit of body roll when carrying speed in a corner.

24 minutes ago, Goon said:

Looks great. Is there any intention to go a bit further handling-wise? Sway bars seems to be the next logical step and gets glowing reports. It's hard to believe that the handling of the Cayman can be improved on, but there is a fair bit of body roll when carrying speed in a corner.

No, nothing further planned, I'm very happy with the difference in the car with just the springs, and for a very reasonable price.

The car will never see a track, and I don't like mucking about too much with what Doctor Ferdinand thinks is pretty well right.

After the weekend run, I think we (Arne and I) have just about talked Grimmy into coming over to the low side.....