Cayman lowered

Arne Krix

On 23/12/2019 at 12:09, Niko said:

No, nothing further planned, I'm very happy with the difference in the car with just the springs, and for a very reasonable price.

The car will never see a track, and I don't like mucking about too much with what Doctor Ferdinand thinks is pretty well right.

After the weekend run, I think we (Arne and I) have just about talked Grimmy into coming over to the low side.....

New year project I'm thinking !!

• 2 months later...

added 15 mm spacers to front and back, combined with the lowered springs looks 100% better, really nice stance , the chassis sits perfect. I had a couple of runs , trying right on the limit and push a bit more , I'd say although the Cayman handles awesome to start with , things have gone for the better when you go hard. Slightly hardy ride , no to little roll . No issues with scraping against wheel arches or bottom out at all.   

9 hours ago, Arne Krix said:

added 15 mm spacers to front and back, combined with the lowered springs looks 100% better, really nice stance , the chassis sits perfect. I had a couple of runs , trying right on the limit and push a bit more , I'd say although the Cayman handles awesome to start with , things have gone for the better when you go hard. Slightly hardy ride , no to little roll . No issues with scraping against wheel arches or bottom out at all.   

IMG_6161.thumb.jpeg.ac3d8eac52b83febdbb50d328510da77.jpegIMG_6135.thumb.jpeg.56e0462bdca500b92a892de74484e074.jpeg

Does look very good......

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Arne Krix said:

Have you considered spacers ?

I actually have 7mm/15mm spacers from the same ebay supplier you mentioned above (I recommend the ebayer by the way). 

But they are off at the moment, as the car is being inspected by VicRoads next week ;)

I think I couldve gone wider than 7mm at the front anyhow, but I'll settle on 7mm. How are you finding your setup?