Racecar Insurance Options?

Interested in insurance options for a non registered race car.

Are there any insurance providers that offer cover for racecars whilst on the track? I know Famous have a $10,000 option, but not sure if they insure race only vehicles.

Otherwise just get cover for fire and theft etc? If so, any recommendations?

25 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Just found the following insurance broker with race coverage. Will call during the week. Anyone have experience with these guys?

https://affinitymi.com.au/

Famous track cover is only for events CAMS L2S Licence and below...

Martin, I have the GT3 with Famous. It is effectively storage and transport insurance cover - they said that if I managed to the the car registered - even under our Class B Special Interest rego (for Rally cars) I could no longer be insured by them with the $10k option.  As I'm really only looking at Hillclimbs and track days, possibly super sprints, I have only taken the extra cover a couple of times where there could be apossibility of more significant damage if I came off (eg Hillclimb up a heavily wooded road) whereas hillclimb over 1/2 of Baskerville circuit I didn;t).

But I wasn't aware of Affinity Motorsport Insurance, looks to be definitely worthwhile checking out

cheers  Peter

PS found a pair of your socks you left behind 🙂 

I have all my other cars insured with Famous. Just need to find something for the Cheetah as it is finally tucked away here at home. B)

Realistically just need restoration and storage insurance for the next 12 months, as it will take some time to look over and organise the CoD. But looking already for future insurance options.

Although I plan on using it for hill climbs too, primarily it will be brought out at historics which means I will need the upgraded licence.

2 hours ago, Dalai said:

Realistically just need restoration and storage insurance for the next 12 months

I'm not sure but would reckon that Famous would insure for this too???

I have my Formula Vee racecar and its trailer insured with Shannon's. It does not cover circuit racing but does cover theft and damage at home and the racetrack as well as transport to and from the circuit.  It's cheap at only $200 or so per annum.