928 one step forward two back.

dobbo

I've had a cold start problem for a while and determined the thermo time switch was faulty.(was the short type) So I decided to change coolant at same time(a bit over 2 years old) obtained a TTS(it was the long type) and set up to drain coolant out of rad and engine block. The radiator drain plug fouled a metal tab so I flexed the rad over 5mm to clear removed engine plugs changed TTS refilled and tested. Coolant leak under bellhousing investigated and found a cracked plastic heater tap and while under car noticed the engine earth strap running over exhaust and under heat shield was getting worn through. I rerouted strap over the heat shield and under steering rack ordered and changed heater tap, refilled tested drove car for three days(cold start problem still there) no leaks.

Day four coolant leak at RH plastic tank and rad core when I flexed the rad(rubber mounted) I pushed on the RH tank disturbing this 40 year old seal. Radiator repairer would not guarantee repairs new rad over $1000 had to use Nulon stop leak which has worked well.

Back to original problem if I ground the W terminal going to TTS motor fires straight away(the best its ever started) ground the G terminal starter motor will not operate however dash lights on. I'm getting voltage on both terminals when key turned to start( not sure what voltage exactly) am going to clean 14 point plug next any advice welcome.