Thanks for sharing !! Alf is a true gentleman & wonderful driver. I had the pleasure of being in his orbit a couple of times.

He signed off my National Rally Licence many years ago....I was so nervous with him in the car I span on the first corner. He was so calm, looked at me & said “don’t worry, you’re not gonna do that again....let’s go”. He spent the next ten laps telling he’d driven a “couple of Porsche’s” in his time. What surprised me was how calm & gentle he was (despite my driving) & also how humble he was....

I also recall a guy bringing his new Lambo to Sandown. Alf kept saying what a beautiful car, I never drove one before....he said it so many times the guy handed him the keys but insisted they go together. They came back to the pits & the guy was white !!! He said he’s never been more terrified & was convinced he was going to die because Alf brakes so late...ha ha...while this guy was shaking Alf was doing his full Italian “what a beautiful car” with full hand gestures. A wonderful talent & a lovely man !! I will always have great memories of him....

Thanks again for sharing.....