EV 944 out-drags a MacLaren 720s

eljimberino

4 hours ago, LeeM said:

I dunno, I just can't see the point of these comparison/drag races

I agree a Mc Laren is not a Drag car ,,,yes it produces fast 1/4 mile times ,but it makers intended it to be a track focused road car put the two on a circuit track like road America  and I am certain the McLaren will dominate with ease all day long.

Dont get me wrong I appreciate the 944 owners achievements and the work that has gone into his car to achieve that level of performance and I think the car is a Riot and the work of a smart guy ,,,,,,,,,,,But if I was going to go Drag racing I would buy a purpose build drag car

These video,s are just about saying my car worth a tenth of the McLaren cost that I built in my garage is faster on a drag strip ,,,,, at the very least match the EV 944 with proper production Drag car eg a Dodge Demon or Chev exorcist ,those cars do mid 9 second passes off showroom floor and run in the high 8,s with some minor tweaking at Drag events .

My major question for the EV 944 owner would be how many times can it do this between charges ,,,because this is still the major negative side the EV,s the range and charge time ..

I know its mainly a challenge for all of the work the EV people/owners put in to show the world ''Hey look at my car and how fast it is in a straight line..." etc, but really, who gives a toss? Put a similar EV motor in my Hiace and it would probably hose an RS off the line, but it isnt an RS is it? Same as this thing isn't a McLaren 😁