Wanted. Stock 996.2 Mufflers / Flexipipe

CJC

Hi

I have a set of 996.2 C4S mufflers but unfortunately someone (not me) cut the Flexi pipe that connects the muffler to the cats.

Does anyone have any stock / donor mufflers laying around (I expect after you’ve put the shiny new ones in) so I can cut the flexipipe off and weld them onto my mufflers?

I’m based in Sydney and mid-way through the project with the original mufflers, cats and headers out of the car.

Cheers, Chris 

Edited by CJC

53 minutes ago, CJC said:

Hi

I have a set of 996.2 C4S mufflers but unfortunately some knob (not me) cut the Flexi pipe that connects the muffler to the cars.

Does anyone have any stock / donor mufflers laying around (I expect after you’ve put the shiny new ones in) so I can cut the flexipipe off and weld them onto my mufflers?

I’m based in Sydney and mid-way through the project with the original mufflers, cats and headers out of the car.

Cheers, Chris 

Chris, I have a couple here that I got in preparation for a  Fister / Gundo mod that I never got around to doing.  Only problem is that I am in Tassie.  If we can work out a way to get them to you I'm happy to pass them on.  Let me know if you think this is feasible  and we can talk $$

7 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Chris, I have a couple here that I got in preparation for a  Fister / Gundo mod that I never got around to doing.  Only problem is that I am in Tassie.  If we can work out a way to get them to you I'm happy to pass them on.  Let me know if you think this is feasible  and we can talk $$

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the shipping alone will outweigh the cost of fabricating new flexi-pipes. I picked up the stock mufflers for $200 in great condition (sans flexi-pipes) so really after some donor (free) mufflers that have had their day (purely to cut the pipes off). Otherwise, will make up a jig and get new pipes made up. Cheers.

0964F99F-2486-42A7-A3CE-257A9EB002FB.jpeg

Will sound grunty with the X51 engine and headers and the X pipe 200 cell HJS cats, so the Gundo or Fister might be too much. I might put it all together and run it before I put the bumper back on etc, to see what I think of the sound. Can easily take the mufflers off and take them to get gone. Much harder to reverse it. 

Yeah. The only issue is the labour required to get the bends / angles / dimensions right to match up the cans to the cats (will need to make a jig). If I have the pipes then I can just tack weld them in situ for fitment then take them out and have them welded properly. Will look into this if I get stuck, though. Cheers