Speed Yellow 996.2 GT3

PIC

Since buying my 996.2 C2 about 12 mth ago,  I've being "slightly obsessed" with all P cars, in particular 911's, water cooled & air cooled.  About 6 months ago I test drove a mk1 GT3..........damn good car! Negotiations were a little complicated as I had a trade-in, after about 6 weeks they stalled & I went cold on that car. I then drove a few water cooled cars, but the Menzer calling was to strong for me to resist, so back to the  GT3 model.  The same process began with another car and after 6 weeks a deal was struck. Since then my car has being receiving a big birthday, clutch, brakes, tyres, shocks, etc,etc. Basically I didn't  want to start driving it until everything was in tip top shape. So you could say I've been busy. 

Finally last Thursday the car was registered and I'm very proud to announce that I'm the new custodian of this GT3 in my favorite GT color.

Whoo Hoo, now I'm excited.........

GT34 (2).JPG

GT33 (2).JPG

GT32.jpg

GT31.JPG

12 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

Brilliant looking GT3, congratulations - what are the details - km, service records, mods etc etc....

Why replace the shocks / springs - high mileage or aftermarket? Give us the details 😋

Thank's Stephen,

The basic bones of the car are excellent, full service history, Accident free, original paint other than the F/Bar & side skirts. 86,000 km . The P/S rear shocker had a slight weep, so I had the them rebuild. The car has had H & R springs fitted & and a locker diff. It did have a RS flywheel & clutch and a aftermarket tune. Now it's back to standard Tourer spec, much nicer road car to drive. I do have a Star Exhaust to fit at a latter date, but for now I just want to drive it.

7 minutes ago, MARTY said:

Love the colour, for the money the performance and driving experience surely can’t be bettered. Hopefully one day I will have one on the radar as a possible purchase.

Your absolutely right Marty, a lot a car for the money. Although not a rockership like the latter GT car's but still a respectable fast car & IMO the 996 GT3 has a great blend of old school mechanical feel yet modern.

Well done Pic, fantastic landmark Porsche. A car you can grow into and be challenging but rewarding to drive for years to come... You'll never be bored!! I've had mine for nearly three years now and still learning to get the best out of her. It commands respect and demands you become a better driver... So..... Drive, drive, drive baby!!! Enjoy!!!! 

Welcome to the club @PIC.  Love the yellow... really suits the 996.2.

i’ve had mine just over a year -  well & truly still in the honey-moon period!  Sure there’s quicker cars, but they are just such fun to drive, and the more you give it to ‘em, the more they want.  

Congrats & enjoy. 👍

Looks fantastic Joe!!!!

I'm keeping options open on that car we discussed, but management has said I MUST sell the grey car before I even consider it 😞  Anyway, I have a trip to Hobart tomorrow to show a prospective purchaser, will see how that goes , will go well hopefully, as my 996.2 C2 is a great car 🙂  Speaking to my speed yellow car's former owner last night to get his blessing to sell it on, he has given me a party who would be interested over here, otherwise I'm sure I'd get a good response if I listed it on PFA.  So, here's hoping things go well, and I might be able to get a RHD car too 🙂 

Pic, I didn't realise that was you when we had a quick chat near the end of brekky at Marysville.    

It was only when I was heading back to our cars that I mentioned to Arne how good that yellow GT3 looked as we walked passed it.

Arne, told me that it was your car, I  Sorry, I didn't know that while we were chatting, about where the closest petrol stations would be etc..

Whichever way, the car is a great example of that model.   The yellow suits it perfectly...it looks absolutely fantastic.  

I would have liked to have told you that personally

Congratulations 

1 hour ago, Jason A said:

Here’s mine, in the process of a full  bare metal repaint and restoration atm

EDE55543-1557-4C6F-B153-779894DE3B23.jpeg

And don't they look great without any decals or other stuff or crap on them.

Just nice clean lines, with the yellow punching you in the face.  

I agree Skidmarks, the yellow sucked me in when I bought my Coxster back in 2007 or 8    

My first P car and everything I had drooled over in the advertising had been speed yellow.

Advertising worked for me, but the Yellow fits much better on the 996 GT3 

Have a look on line for Walter Rohl 's record breaking drive around the Nurburgring in a 996.1 Gt3.

First time ever  a road going production car did it in under 8 minutes. The car was in speed yellow and hence, a lot of  the Porsche advertising and promotional material was depicting that car.

And so, speed yellow became synonymous with the gt3, particularly in the 996 GT3.

Dont get me wrong, previous other Porsches looked great in some iteration of yellow, but the 996 mk 1 and 2 GT3's certainly take the prize for me. 

16 hours ago, Jason A said:

@Skidmarks was yours an ex Qld car

Yes. Its a Touring. Delivered in Melbourne.  It was sold to Duttons by a guy in Queensland and I bought it from them.  It had CS seats and a Tequipment half cage fitted both of which I removed and refitted the Touring seats.