914-6 conversion

ruby82sc

If anyone has been thinking about joining the 914 scene check out the white -6 conversion on Ebay.

There is a thread on 914World that goes into great detail about it, basically a conversion that needs a little TLC but cheaper than buying a good -4 and doing the 6 conversion yourself. It has a salvage title that won't carry over to here but is holding the US buyers back. 

It was on Craiglist for $27.5 but now listed for $22.5, I wouldn't expect the price to be driven up too far by the US lads.

2 hours ago, ruby82sc said:

Yes it was stunning, I have a feeling it sold? last post was sold pending.

Yes it sold, not sure who bought it though.

Do you have some pictures of yours to post? Are you a member of the 914 Australia FB group? Don't recognise your username :)

Cheers

Craig

I went through the obligatory answering of questions for the FB group a few months ago but for whatever reason the process wasn't completed and I didn't think anymore about it????? I shall start the process again.

My car is still in the states but should be leaving within a couple of weeks, I bought it off a 914World forum member from Oregon who removed the fast 4 cyl to do a 6 conversion but ended up buying a Raby powered car instead.

It is a silver 72  roller, I have a 914 side shift trans coming with it and have a 2.4 here to go in. The car is coming with headers, oil tank engine mount etc for the conversion.

Greg

5 hours ago, ruby82sc said:

I went through the obligatory answering of questions for the FB group a few months ago but for whatever reason the process wasn't completed and I didn't think anymore about it????? I shall start the process again.

My car is still in the states but should be leaving within a couple of weeks, I bought it off a 914World forum member from Oregon who removed the fast 4 cyl to do a 6 conversion but ended up buying a Raby powered car instead.

It is a silver 72  roller, I have a 914 side shift trans coming with it and have a 2.4 here to go in. The car is coming with headers, oil tank engine mount etc for the conversion.

Greg

Great. Yes do persist and join the fb group, it is run by Fuel Luke who is also a member on here.

I am organising a display at the Phillip Island Historics in March 2020 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the 914. Hope your car will be here and ready to attend :)

Cheers

Craig

My car will be here but not ready for Phillip Island (too many 911 projects to finish before the 914) but I will be there, I look forward to catching up.

I was given a nickname at work that I used on FB, shouldn't be too hard to work out who I am :) 

I have some photos of my car but probably not the tech know how to load them, happy to email them to someone to load.

Greg 

My car will be here but not ready for Phillip Island (too many 911 projects to finish before the 914) but I will be there, I look forward to catching up.

I was given a nickname at work that I used on FB, shouldn't be too hard to work out who I am :) 

I have some photos of my car but probably not the tech know how to load them, happy to email them to someone to load.

Greg