PMOs 46 or 50 mm Trade For EFI ITB system

Hi i am wanting to go to a Motec or equivalent EFI ITB system on my 3.2 -3.4 Twin plug race engine

Anyone have one available  to trade or sell

I have 2 near new PMO complete carb systems 46 mm and 50 mm. Still on the car.

Please Email me on john@poolcovers.com.au

Cheers JW

20 hours ago, slowcar said:

Hi i am wanting to go to a Motec or equivalent EFI ITB system on my 3.2 -3.4 Twin plug race engine

Cheers JW

Not sure what you’re looking to achieve - I do love the ITB idea - but PMO’s properly set up will give you just as much punch.  I use them on my race engine (twin plug 3.9) and they work just fine.

5 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Not sure what you’re looking to achieve - I do love the ITB idea - but PMO’s properly set up will give you just as much punch.  I use them on my race engine (twin plug 3.9) and they work just fine.

WOT there is not much difference if any between carbs and EFI / ITB.  However, everywhere else the latter is substantially better.  No flat spots, no rich idle, no coughing, no need to warm them up, better fuel economy, much better area under the torque curve, better part throttle response and performance in the real world.  As well you can have such things as barometric compensation and E85 flex tunes and probably more.  So unless it's a race engine EFI / ITB is better.

2 hours ago, Pork Chops said:

WOT there is not much difference if any between carbs and EFI / ITB.  However, everywhere else the latter is substantially better.  No flat spots, no rich idle, no coughing, no need to warm them up, better fuel economy, much better area under the torque curve, better part throttle response and performance in the real world.  As well you can have such things as barometric compensation and E85 flex tunes and probably more.  So unless it's a race engine EFI / ITB is better.

All that’s very well but what if you love  all that?  All that smooth idle and fuel economy is for, well, safer not to say actually. 

Real motors only work between 5500 and 8000, the rest is just waiting ...

Also, I’ve got barometric compensators built in.  

They struggle after a big curry but otherwise they’re bang on. 

On 26/12/2019 at 12:12, slowcar said:

Cheers JW

PMO's will work fine in that application...

Off topic..

John how are you going? hows my old white 996 cup car going? want to sell it back to me?

James 

6 hours ago, Pork Chops said:

not to mention having safeguards set into the ECU etc.

The reasons i am looking at going to EFI ITBs is to be able to build safeguards in and tune for max output across the total range with better drive-ability at 12.5 to 13 ;1 compression in 35degree  plus temps.

.PMOs and MSD are great but very limited in tune options at all loads and revs. No lean or knock overrides other than lights and gauges on the dash that in the heat of helmet head are invisible until to late.

Work in progress

JW

• 2 months later...