BEST PORSCHE OF THE DECADE . 987 CAYMAN R

Niko

16 minutes ago, MFX said:

Why do that with a road car. I doubt anyone would be able to feel that extra weight, and it makes such a difference to the driving experience and useability.

Pure track car, strip out everything. Road car, minor comforts are a good thing ;)

I believe all oz delivered R's had PCM and A/C

6 hours ago, MFX said:

Why do that with a road car. I doubt anyone would be able to feel that extra weight, and it makes such a difference to the driving experience and useability.

Pure track car, strip out everything. Road car, minor comforts are a good thing ;)

Just like the MAMILs who might be 20kg over weight but invest in pedals that are 50g lighter.  makes all the difference 😂

13 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

Ironically I was listening to a Smoking Tyre podcast yesterday And Matt was talking about a GT4 cup car that had the dual zone air con still fitted and whoever the guest was, I think Justin Bell was saying that virtually all race cars have air con these days 

I did a Porsche drive day at PI in the GT4.  At the drivers briefing Luke Youlden suggested we all leave AC on.  He said you will go faster if you are cool and comfortable notwithstanding any minuscule power deficit.  Apparently some track heros turn it off thinking it will help their lap times 😂

My 

10 minutes ago, DJM said:

I did a Porsche drive day at PI in the GT4.  At the drivers briefing Luke Youlden suggested we all leave AC on.  He said you will go faster if you are cool and comfortable notwithstanding any minuscule power deficit.  Apparently some track heros turn it off thinking it will help their lap times 😂

mate of mine had air fitted to his GT40 race car, his mechanic was horrified at the thought, but conceded to it being a good idea In the end as lap times didn’t go up but enjoyment and usability did 

23 hours ago, Redracn said:

I believe all oz delivered R's had PCM and A/C

Unfortunately not. One of the sales guys at Porsche Centre Willoughby "forgot" to tick the A/C box on at least one R order (and I heard that it might have been three in total), didn't realise until the cars landed. With custom harnesses in each car apparently next to impossible to retrofit...

GT4 for $25k more = no brainer

53qneu46cstyb3jdp6vq5lmhb.jpg?pxc_method=fitfill&pxc_width=480

2011 Porsche Cayman R 987 Manual MY12

• 18,822 km
  • Coupe
  • Manual
  • 6cyl 3.4L Petrol

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2011-Porsche-Cayman-R-987-Manual-MY12/SSE-AD-5776514

9ss0f4acbvx6gp71ojwdj85qj.jpg?pxc_method=fitfill&pxc_width=480

2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 981 Manual MY16

• 29,000 km
  • Coupe
  • Manual
  • 6cyl 3.8L Petrol

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-Porsche-Cayman-GT4-981-Manual-MY16/SSE-AD-5812389

2 hours ago, DJM said:

GT4 for $25k more = no brainer

53qneu46cstyb3jdp6vq5lmhb.jpg?pxc_method=fitfill&pxc_width=480

2011 Porsche Cayman R 987 Manual MY12

• 18,822 km
  • Coupe
  • Manual
  • 6cyl 3.4L Petrol

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2011-Porsche-Cayman-R-987-Manual-MY12/SSE-AD-5776514

9ss0f4acbvx6gp71ojwdj85qj.jpg?pxc_method=fitfill&pxc_width=480

2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 981 Manual MY16

• 29,000 km
  • Coupe
  • Manual
  • 6cyl 3.8L Petrol

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-Porsche-Cayman-GT4-981-Manual-MY16/SSE-AD-5812389

yes I agree, and then just doing some quick maths (which I'm not all that flash with) I'm thinking maybe up to 65 to 70k for mine, I can't see the 65k or 70k extra to spend for what the R has to offer above mine.   if that makes sense.   .

So yep no brainer again.    Stick with my BBC.

1 hour ago, Niko said:

yes I agree, and then just doing some quick maths (which I'm not all that flash with) I'm thinking maybe up to 65 to 70k for mine, I can't see the 65k or 70k extra to spend for what the R has to offer above mine.   if that makes sense.   .

And you would hate the seats 

23 hours ago, Niko said:

Double the price doesn’t necessarily equal double the fun. That’s the bottom line from my point of view. Sure the 991 GT3 RS is an amazing car (nobody here is disputing that!) but at 300, 400, 500k + for a sports car is it 3, 4 or 5 time’s the fun as a 100 odd K sports car. 

Enjoy that lovely Cayman Niko and drive the pants off it as intended! 

13 hours ago, hugh said:

Double the price doesn’t necessarily equal double the fun. That’s the bottom line from my point of view. Sure the 991 GT3 RS is an amazing car (nobody here is disputing that!) but at 300, 400, 500k + for a sports car is it 3, 4 or 5 time’s the fun as a 100 odd K sports car. 

Enjoy that lovely Cayman Niko and drive the pants off it as intended! 

Agreed Aych.   I have it set up just the way I want it to be.   I drive it as hard as I can, when I can, but the car is way above my driving ability. :ph34r:  

Just love driving it.    I have no intention of moving it on.   As my Grand kids keep telling me.....it will see me out. :( 

1 hour ago, Niko said:

Agreed Aych.   I have it set up just the way I want it to be.   I drive it as hard as I can, when I can, but the car is way above my driving ability. :ph34r:  

Just love driving it.    I have no intention of moving it on.   As my Grand kids keep telling me.....it will see me out. :( 

Agreed hole-heartedly with both your and Hugh's comments !

As I was once told by the driver of a Ferrari California "Jeez that Porsche corners hard. We paid shitloads for our cars and your having just as much fun !"