Feedback regarding potential 997C2S purchase

55 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Pity but it's all part of the game buying a good Pcar. Sometimes it's a bit of a wild goose chase and other times it's a seamless process. If it was me I'd be opening the wallet another 20k or whatever the figure and buying JB's 4S - it's an absolute pearler!

Thanks! I think JB’s car is great and I have told him so! However, I really don’t want an AWD 997 and his listed price is above my current budget. 

8 minutes ago, edgy said:

Sorry to hear it, as the saying goes, you gotta slay the pig to get the bacon... it is just really frustrating when sellers misrepresent what they have or are deluded about it... we've all been there! 

Big $$ up to a GT3... you can definitely secure a good 997.1 Manual S sub $100k, don't give up!  

Completely agreed to the first part. 

I am still looking for a good low-kilometre 997 C2S but if I don’t find one then it just means I can save more and move the budget up. Granted, the GT3 is a lot more. 😉

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, raafrebel2 said:

I went and had a look at this car tonight .

its a good looking car but the guy is a dodge ball... 

full of shit .. 

I went there with 80k to spend and he. Wouldn’t even take me for a drive in the car !!

couldnt believe it !! 

Which car? Certainly you haven’t been to drive mine...

3 minutes ago, raafrebel2 said:

Sorry , the dark green one at breakfast point 

Ah thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately for all the bad sellers our there are many bad buyers. Would love the car to go to a member and a true enthusiast..

Happy to negotiate standard wheels are on the car and any ppi welcome.... only selling to step into a gt3 otherwise she stays with me..and trust me those 4s hips....😍would never look at an S the same way. (Sorry guys..)

6 hours ago, JB said:

Ah thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately for all the bad sellers our there are many bad buyers. Would love the car to go to a member and a true enthusiast..

Happy to negotiate standard wheels are on the car and any ppi welcome.... only selling to step into a gt3 otherwise she stays with me..and trust me those 4s hips....😍would never look at an S the same way. (Sorry guys..)

Have u got a link ?

• 2 months later...

Reviving my original thread to ask if anyone here knows the following 997.1 Carrera S and can provide more information? 

uufy8c83sheffp1px6ofpr9n.jpg?height=750&

Secondly, being in lockdown and on the other side of the country means I would normally trust a PPI to give me confidence to buy but the car is located in Marmong Pt, which is 1.5 hours away from Autohause Hamilton. Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, Lesthecarnut said:

Reviving my original thread to ask if anyone here knows the following 997.1 Carrera S and can provide more information? 

uufy8c83sheffp1px6ofpr9n.jpg?height=750&

Secondly, being in lockdown and on the other side of the country means I would normally trust a PPI to give me confidence to buy but the car is located in Marmong Pt, which is 1.5 hours away from Autohause Hamilton. Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance. 

Simon at Autowerks in charmhaven could do you a ppi. Much closer than AH. Given where the car is based I suspect Simon will know it. 

i could look at it for you as I’m very close. However my mechanical knowledge extends to detecting the presence or absence of an engine and how shiny the paint is. 

25 minutes ago, FR290 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2006-Porsche-911-Carrera-S-997-Manual-MY06/SSE-AD-6563428

Pictures of log book stamps on the ad indicate the last brake fluid change was in 2012 and last service in 2013?? Kms didn’t change much after then either. 

If it hasn’t seen any track time, what’s the problem. When was the last time anybody changed the brake fluid in the family car. 

9 minutes ago, WB997.2GTS said:

If it hasn’t seen any track time, what’s the problem. When was the last time anybody changed the brake fluid in the family car. 

Brake fluid is hygroscopic. It’ll damage the brake components over time with the build up of water content. That’s why it’s recommended every 2 years to change it regardless of usage. 

• 4 months later...

Just a quick update after 4 more months of craziness due to the pandemic and as I was quietly keeping an eye on the 997s coming up for sale. 

I have placed a deposit on a black manual ‘08 997 Carrera S (with most options) from Tasmania that came up tops in a PPI. 😎

Now to start the logistical nightmare to ship it across the country to WA, get it inspected, registered and then drive it! Hopefully it is here before Christmas! 🤣

Thanks to everyone that helped with little bits of advice along the way especially those that send me PMs. I really do appreciate it. 👍

BDFE8768-BB3E-41B4-9FCA-A71A433B4A6F.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Lesthecarnut said:

Just a quick update after 4 more months of craziness due to the pandemic and as I was quietly keeping an eye on the 997s coming up for sale. 

I have placed a deposit on a black manual ‘08 997 Carrera S (with most options) from Tasmania that came up tops in a PPI. 😎

Now to start the logistical nightmare to ship it across the country to WA, get it inspected, registered and then drive it! Hopefully it is here before Christmas! 🤣

Thanks to everyone that helped with little bits of advice along the way especially those that send me PMs. I really do appreciate it. 👍

Well done! ... I have had that car on my watchlist for a bit now and have look at it many times just admiring the photos.

Enjoy it when you get it! ... 😍

32 minutes ago, Lesthecarnut said:

Well done, Chris looked after that car very well, it was always immaculately presented.  You may ask what he replaced it with?  Well a 991 GT3, so I think we can forgive him for selling it....

1 minute ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Well done, Chris looked after that car very well, it was always immaculately presented.  You may ask what he replaced it with?  Well a 991 GT3, so I think we can forgive him for selling it....

Yes, Chris also took a courtesy photo of his GT3 for me. 🤩

At least, I now know what to trade up to in a few years. 😝 **Runs and hides from SWMBO.**

862F1342-117F-4261-98A8-C0CD72458CAF.jpeg