916 Tribute.

KERMIT

Another visit this morning saw all the trim around the rear window fitted properly and I must say that the black trim sitting against the white paint looks excellent.

Adrian also fitted the 911 console that features the 3 gauges and that has come up a treat!  The large passenger side door boot and the large two part drivers side door handle are both complete and fitted.

The wooden 917 style gearshift knob won't be fitted until everything has got the OK. Apparently they don't like being removed, so she's a oncer for me.

The new heater piping/ducting whatever, looks ripper too, a shame you can't see it from inside the car!

Some new rubber seals to go on for the front boot /trunk space and against the rear window, but that's for a little later.  

• 8 months later...

Hi to all that watched the 914-3.6 build over a long period.

I thought I would let you know that the car is such a fantastic thing to own and drive, pure excitement. It goes like shit off a shanghai and a couple of crew have got a bit of a surprise, if you know what I mean!!!

Owing to ALL the rain that we've had, it hasn't seen a lot of outside either, but I have the carpet sample i've been waiting on, so off to Lahona Trimming P/L to speak with Andrew about completing the cabin.

Once that's done, it's back to Adrian at Hartech for the radio ariel fitting as well as speakers and covers.

Then at long last, the cue goes in the rack.

"Get a 914 whilst they're still cheap and do a transplant" You'll be like a dog with two!!

Cheers

Ken.

• 1 month later...

Hi Fella's

The 914/3.6 is at Lahona Trimming for the carpet installation, been there for a week so probably see it this week.

Hope to get it to Hartech for the speakers fitting and ariel connection and 917 style gearstick knob as THE last bit of the 4 year episode, before the Beaumaris Car Show on February 12th.

If you haven't attended, it's a quality collection of all types of vehicles including some top of the line stuff!

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fella's

I picked up the 914 yesterday and have to say that I'm stoked with the job that Lahona have done. Andrew & Mark sure know their stuff and very focused too.

They introduced a little Nappa Leather into the job and it sure looks the goods.

Adrian was very obliging and fitted the 917 style gearshift knob this morning. We decided some time ago that it would be one of the last parts fitted as the crusher that fits inside the knob only needs to be fitted once!

I'm taking the car to the Elwood Meet on Sunday, so see you there.

Interior  Carpet.jpg

Seats In.jpg

Shift Knob.JPG

• 2 months later...

Radio connected with it's own loom, original speakers from KONIGS-KLASSIK-RADIOS in Essen de and the repro speaker boxes. 

As the dash is fibre-glass, we could fit a STEALTH in car antenna ,so no interference.

Now thinking about the two driving lights that are standard on a 916 and that's it!