Here's the speedo that will go in the car,after it's been changed over from its  mechanical operation at Ringwood Speedometer.

speedo .JPG

A new piece of the puzzle has arrived today from Germany ,a Hot Wire Air Flow Meter and Adaptor. This will allow it to idle properly,given that the 964 engine with all it's components doesn't fit,so changes have to made. 

It apparently provides some more horsepower but that's a secondary consideration I think with what it'll have anyway.

Hot Wire Meter 1.JPG

Hot Wire Meter 2.JPG

Hot Wire Meter 3.JPG

Hot Wire Meter 4.JPG

An unexpected situation with the mechanical speedometer. The Wevo covered up the connecting point,so I had to source an electronic one and it came from an 83 - 911, so all's good now. Even better,I sold mine in 15 minutes of it being on the 901 register site.

Adrian is sorting out the wiring,so we now have ignition,brake,indicator and reversing lights,so that's another move forward. As well as that,a tricky bit of kit arrived from Germany and that's to do with air & fuel mix as I understand it. Also fitted new rear wheel bearings and a new fuel tank gasket along with fuel gauge sender seal.

We need a few more bits from Patrick Motorsports which includes a beefed up starter motor,so that will be happening sooner rather than later.

Here's some more shots of our progress.

Hot Wire Meter 3.JPG

Hot Wire Meter 4.JPG

Wiring 1.JPG

Wiring 2.JPG

Wevo.JPG

Random shot.JPG

I received a call from Adrian today to tell me that owing to the current circumstances,he's unable to continue working,so thanks to Dickhead Dan,the build just takes a whole lot longer than it should. Pissed off,you better believe it!!!!!

Although zip is happening with the car at present,(thanks again Dickhead Dan) I have purchased from Auto Atlanta,a bunch of screws and speed nuts required for the headlights and their trim installation. A 3 plastic plug kit to replace those missing in the boot floor as well.

Really pleased to say that instead of sourcing a HIGH TORQUE starter motor from Patrick Motorsport in the US,one produced in Castlemaine,Victoria  has arrived,so good to support local clever guys having a go!