FIRE RELIEF RUN

turboT

Good on everyone getting involved and for you organising @turboT... I would have been really keen to do this but have a little one's birthday this weekend, with some family coming from interstate for it, etc. Have made a donation to https://www.gofundme.com/f/fire-relief-run just now instead.

Hope it all goes well.

16 porsches signed up

22 total vehicles

34 people (6 kids included)

initiatives to date

• We are taking with us and have pre-ordered for pick up along the route approximately $4000 worth of food and other requested item by the Cobargo Relief Centre
  • We have organised approximately $6000 worth of free animal feed to be picked up by customers from Braidwood Rural as they wish
  • We will be buying needed tools from Braidwood Rural to be donated back into this community and Cobargo
  • 30 people will be making it to Cobargo and back, spending as they go , and have pre-booked accommodation within local businesses 
  • 6 donated Kayaks will be transported to the Scouts of Cobargo
  • 4 camping kits (tents, sleeping bags, mats, cooking equipment, and accessories) will be bought and donated to 4 Cobargo Scouts that lost everything in the Fires
  • On Saturday Night we 'shout the locals' at the Cobargo Hotel. All food and drink is on us. $5000 has been set aside. More if needed. 2 bands have been booked and so far estimates of 120 people expected
  • The road to Edan has just opened. Communities further south than Cobargo have received no relief to date as they have been cut off. We will be collating unused items at Cobargo and taking it onto Edan 
  • to date close to $20k has been raised on our Go Fund Me page - 'fire relief run'  to buy equipment for future runs
  • A very motivated team on there way soon to help out some fellow humans

that was tough..but incredibly rewarding

By the end of the weekend we had all covered over 1000kms (some great roads) , donated over 5 tonnes of food, water, animal feed and tools. We also shouted dinner and drink for around 250 locals on the Saturday and Breakfast the next day, with at least 2 hrs of hot laps for kids young and old around the surrounding countryside. Over all, we lifted spirits. Next trip will be longer with specific rebuilding tasks. Our group was amazing. Would be great to see more PFAers on board next time.

POLO didnt miss a beat

s04_zpsvd4yrapu.jpg

the crew was amazing

s03_zpsd70f7lfs.jpg

took my 7 year old, Toby - 6 kids in total came with us

s01_zpsxdms5i8y.jpg

5 tonnes of food/water/equipment donated and delivered

IMG_2107_zpsr3jvtqqb.jpg

IMG_1897_zpsgoincqrs.jpg

IMG_2111_zpsxm1cugmn.jpg

IMG_2106_zpsdspxokpw.jpg

back packs, tents sleeping bags and all the gear for 4 scouts that has lost their houses

IMG_1993_zpspdimunl9.jpg

destruction everywhere

s08_zpsnchg9clh.jpg

hot laps for kids

IMG_1985_zpsmhki6sxr.jpg

IMG_2001_zpsfk3iwfqy.jpg

IMG_1996_zps8xaeuu5z.jpg

feeding wildlife

s02_zps4o0qd5i7.jpg

a big weekend. we'll be back

s06_zpsnqspyikg.jpg

I'll echo Tom's words above. Having been on a couple of supply runs already with the Pajero I expected to be giving again this past weekend, however instead I got so much more out of it than I expected. A real opportunity to properly meet and talk to the people who went through this horrible event and continue to deal with the aftermath was both challenging and inspiring. Would be great to have more join us on the next one, so if you're thinking about it definitely contact Tom.

A little gravel driving with TC off in the GT3 wasn't bad either 😉

The lead up communication with locals on the ground and focus on what was required At each stop I believe made this one of the best organised community support projects I have been involved in. Unfortunately I could only do the first day and would have lived to see the joy the convoy would have brought to the locals I’m sure was priceless. The comments and smiles on the locals faces during the stops at Wingello and Braidwood was a great indicator that we had nailed the type of support they needed.

to put  it in perspective, 20 plus cars pull up outside your little corner store, and then it’s like DJ’s on Boxing Day with people buying anything and everything. I’m sure they have never been this busy in the general store on a Saturday morning. Great work Tom, made a real difference this weekend.