Meeting your hero’s and not knowing it

Today was an awesome day . I took son and wife to the BMX track for a few laps .

wife is riding a SE racing Stu Thomsen 40 year anniversary bike  . 
Son heads off for a few laps in the meantime I notice an old guy rock up on his Cruiser heading over to the bigger track .

Say to the wife check at the old guy having a shot . Off he goes and clears all the jumps and smooth as silk . Fuck me that was great .

Turn my attention back to son on his laps when old bloke comes up and want to quiz me on the SE Quadangle so I mansplain it to how this is what Stu Thomsen used to race before he went to Redline .

He then says  to me what would be the chances of meeting Stu on the same day ...... It was fuckin Stompin Stu Thomsen .Lol 

We have a great half hour chat about his day at SE and Redline jumping the 930 turbos and him being in Law Enforcement for 25 years .

This guy was my superstar when I was racing BMX and he didn’t disappoint he was a complete legend .

D7AC9CAC-07F0-4F3A-BB9A-5310FAEA3A9D.jpeg

Holy shit! 😳👍👍👍 Nice one Paul

I was at a party a few years ago when I was racing, and I got chatting to some little fella a bit older than me. Just the usual bike racing chat, and that he'd seen me racing on tv with some compliments which was nice, then the host came up and says ''Gday Greg''and started reminiscing with him about the good old days of racing. Next minute another bloke comes up and says "Gday Pretty, I havent seen you for a while!", and I clicked and realised it was my ultimate Aussie bike racing mad man hero Greg Pretty I'd been chatting to 😳 

Reckon I shook his hand 40 times 😁 

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Holy shit! 😳👍👍👍 Nice one Paul

I was at a party a few years ago when I was racing, and I got chatting to some little fella a bit older than me. Just the usual bike racing chat, and that he'd seen me racing on tv with some compliments which was nice, then the host came up and says ''Gday Greg''and started reminiscing with him about the good old days of racing. Next minute another bloke comes up and says "Gday Pretty, I havent seen you for a while!", and I clicked and realised it was my ultimate Aussie bike racing mad man hero Greg Pretty I'd been chatting to 😳 

Reckon I shook his hand 40 times 😁 

Great experience meeting your hero's and a shame what happened to Greg . I actually did a training camp at Morgan Park my coach was Gary Mcoy I had a hard time getting my head around being on track with a guy who beat Rossi .

Here is a pic of me shoving it up the inside of Mr Squiggle LOL

AD3_8044.JPG

35 minutes ago, 3legs said:

Yeh I heard about that. Not sure if it's true or not. I also heard it was the other bloke.

I believe the other bloke was blamed to begin with but turned out he was on his side . Tragedy for both

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-03-11/police-blame-motorcycle-legend-for-fatal-crash/2661658

3 hours ago, wilson59 said:

I believe the other bloke was blamed to begin with but turned out he was on his side . Tragedy for both

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-03-11/police-blame-motorcycle-legend-for-fatal-crash/2661658

I hadnt heard that report, though it was a great loss regardless.

That's a great photo of you n Gazz Paul.

I got held up by some clown in Lucky Strike Yamaha leathers riding a new (then) GSXR750L model at Mac park. Then went whacking past me at warp factor 9 on the straight. He came up to apologise for holding me up, and it was Kevin Mcgee. Holy Fook! 😳

13 minutes ago, LeeM said:

I hadnt heard that report, though it was a great loss regardless.

That's a great photo of you n Gazz Paul.

I got held up by some clown in Lucky Strike Yamaha leathers riding a new (then) GSXR750L model at Mac park. Then went whacking past me at warp factor 9 on the straight. He came up to apologise for holding me up, and it was Kevin Mcgee. Holy Fook! 😳

We pitted next  to him at Broadford . He loves a drink 🥃