Coilovers for 996 C2

PhilH

Check out BC Racing. I have them in my 997 and am very happy with them. Car is my daily with regular SMT driving and the odd track day. $1,300. Aus distributor is JustJap. Get the base model that reuse your factory uppers on the fronts to avoid unwanted noise as advised by BC Racing.

16 hours ago, Simonk said:

Check out BC Racing. I have them in my 997 and am very happy with them. Car is my daily with regular SMT driving and the odd track day. $1,300. Aus distributor is JustJap. Get the base model that reuse your factory uppers on the fronts to avoid unwanted noise as advised by BC Racing.

My car has GT3 suspension with Bilstein's.  The PSS10 replacements are close to $4000 to purchase, then fitting on top.  As it is a DD, and so far no track work, I just want something reasonable for street use.  The car is at GT3 height now so need something compatible to the current set up.  Will have a look at the BC racing gear.  Thanks.

• 3 months later...

HI,

Yep, the car had GT3 suspension when I bought it and 2 of the coilovers had slight leaks and car had a horrible thump whenever I went over a bump.

I looked around at what options I could go for including taking it back to stock, however after much searching I had the Bilsteins that were on the car sent to Bilstein in SYD to be refurbished - at $750 a pair it was a LOT cheaper than replacing them with anything else.  Car now drives like new.

I have never had it on the track and do not plan too so the I had the coilovers set to the softest setting possible and I find them pretty good around town and great on a spitrited drive the=rough the hills - could not be happier.