Time for new tyres!

Caledonian

My tyres are coming up for 7 years old  and the little bit of moisture on the roads this morning remided me they just might not be is their as new condition anymore!

7'' & 8'' Fuchs currently fitted with Pirelli P7 Front  205/55/16 - Rear 225/50/16

Have done close to 40k on these tyres and still plenty meat left on the bone, and would happily go again but cannot seem to find both sizes available? They have been good wearing and grippy enough for me, but now my suspention is refreshed (well almost) might as well compliment it with some new boots.

Any recommendations, experiences etc. welcome.

Cheers

Mike

48 minutes ago, Mike D'Silva said:

I always thought the P7 was more a sport/road tyre with a lot of bias toward the road?

I am yet to try the RE003.. can you go wider on the 8 inch rim? I have 225 on my 7 inch rims... or are mine too wide?

225 is max for a 7 inch rim with 205 or 215 ideal.

245 is max for a 8 inch rim with 225 or 235 ideal

8 minutes ago, Mondo74 said:

It's time for me too but what are you guys running on 15x7 and 15x8's? For street and the odd spirited drive. 

Depends what you wanna spend mate.

I had Nangkang AR1's which were great. Nice R comp tyre that were cheap at $120/tyre and last around 5000km I'm told, yet they have now gone up in price. They also have the NS2R's in 2 compounds which are more of street/spirited drive tyre, yet I havent tried them but am told they're fine. If you don't drive it much, I'd go for an R comp tyre personally.

I use Hankook evo12's on my SC with 16's which have lasted for 3 years of weekend driving (not slow either), so if they do a 15 inch I'd highly recommend them as a great all rounder

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/02/2020 at 19:29, Mike D'Silva said:

I always thought the P7 was more a sport/road tyre with a lot of bias toward the road?

I am yet to try the RE003.. can you go wider on the 8 inch rim? I have 225 on my 7 inch rims... or are mine too wide?

I ended up with P7s due the front tyres being through to the canvas when I bought the car, and needed to get something quick to drive it back from Sydney.

And that was 7 years ago in May!