Sign in to follow this  
edgy

GT3 register

Hey folks,

I finally got around to spending a few hours getting setup, basic landing page is hosted HERE at the moment, and the URL is www.gt3register.com 

Really, its a means of collating the original technical data from PCA (who I've contacted and got an okay on) as well as some lifetime data which will need to be crowd sourced or pulled from PPSR/WOVR (if applicable) 

At the minute, I've simply setup tables for type 996 and type 997 with the following data fields:

VIN # Engine # Build Date: Model Year (MY): Type: Paint Code: Body Colour: Interior Code: Interior Colour: Delivering dealer: Delivery Date: M Codes: Sales History: Last known sale: Most Recent Reg # Incident History: Current OR Last Known Owner: 

Keen to hear feedback on this and what other data we should be collecting. 

Obviously the aim is to keep any sensitive data private, but have the ability to share appropriate data on request... eventually it would be good to get a small community together where we could have some real world connections! I know a handful of us already know each other from our interactions over the years, but it'll be good to have a platform for folks as they come and as they go to pass the torch. 

And naturally, this is is no way intended to take away from any other platforms, its intention is to supplement existing platforms.

PS - Admin remove if its not ok. 

these may be of some help to you .....................?

996 GT3 DELIVERY DETAILS.jpg

997 GT3 delivery stats.gif

11 minutes ago, Raven said:

these may be of some help to you .....................

They're not really... whilst they're great summary data (and the 997 one is incorrect as it includes NZ apparently), I am wanting to put together detailed technical data with comprehensive lifetime events (where applicable) the VIN # will serve at the key item master #, so effectively row by row we should be able to lookup all particulars based on VIN. Who knows if it'll ever get to 100% populated though with circa 400 cars, it is tangible to come close?

3 hours ago, edgy said:

Hey folks,

I finally got around to spending a few hours getting setup, basic landing page is hosted HERE at the moment, and the URL is www.gt3register.com 

Really, its a means of collating the original technical data from PCA (who I've contacted and got an okay on) as well as some lifetime data which will need to be crowd sourced or pulled from PPSR/WOVR (if applicable) 

At the minute, I've simply setup tables for type 996 and type 997 with the following data fields:

VIN # Engine # Build Date: Model Year (MY): Type: Paint Code: Body Colour: Interior Code: Interior Colour: Delivering dealer: Delivery Date: M Codes: Sales History: Last known sale: Most Recent Reg # Incident History: Current OR Last Known Owner: 

Keen to hear feedback on this and what other data we should be collecting. 

Obviously the aim is to keep any sensitive data private, but have the ability to share appropriate data on request... eventually it would be good to get a small community together where we could have some real world connections! I know a handful of us already know each other from our interactions over the years, but it'll be good to have a platform for folks as they come and as they go to pass the torch. 

And naturally, this is is no way intended to take away from any other platforms, its intention is to supplement existing platforms.

PS - Admin remove if its not ok. 

Tried to send email via the site but it bounced Kurt.

Did the transfer of rego today, Urggh!!!.  Certainly paid for the wages of a few public servants for a week or 2 😞 

14 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Tried to send email via the site but it bounced Kurt.

Did the transfer of rego today, Urggh!!!.  Certainly paid for the wages of a few public servants for a week or 2 😞 

it could be the new domain registration, mx records/dns can take a bit of time to update... 

Yeah, I got a huge shock transferring the registration last time... not that it was a surprise, you just feel dirty handing that kind of money over 

16 minutes ago, MR901 said:

FYI, the email bounced for me also.....great initiative !!

thanks for checking.. try again please. 

@edgy

Great idea to contribute your efforts so we can all share in some good info. Thanks.

In regards to adding to the database, is your intention to only let current or previous owners offer information? 

Or could details be offered to add in, based on people's knowledge? 

42 minutes ago, luzzo said:

@edgy

Great idea to contribute your efforts so we can all share in some good info. Thanks.

In regards to adding to the database, is your intention to only let current or previous owners offer information? 

Or could details be offered to add in, based on people's knowledge? 

Any source will be considered provided its able to be validated! The Technical data is relatively easy once we have a VIN, its all that other history that as you say comes from other sources... 

23 minutes ago, James P said:

Good work @edgy will this registry be open to the public like this one ? https://carrera3.wordpress.com/carrera-3-0-registry/

That is the idea James, I want to offer a very basic view like that and then in the background hold more comprehensive information. 

Admittedly I will probably need to sit down with someone who has current expertise in setting up sites, since I've not been hands on with any for many years, I want to make sure its a user friendly interface. 

Also, I'd like to make it like a community project where I have regular contributors to help maintain/update the site and database, I believe the platform easily allows me to do this! So if anyone if genuinely interested in being a contributor and sparing some time for it, I'd like to hear from them... its shitty pay though. 😜 

Cheers

On 01/05/2020 at 19:06, t888 said:

I've done a lot of web dev in the past and I am happy to help set up a site. 

Thank you for the kind offer, I'll keep that in mind... 

I thought with the Covid19 situation we may end up with more time on our hands, alas it hasn't happened yet!! Quite the opposite. 

cheers