Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
npvpositive

Selling a Porsche on consignment?

Recommended Posts

Anyone ever sold their Porsche (or another similar car) on consignment?  What do dealers like Duttons, Autohaus and Classic Throttle typically charge as commission for consignment sales?

I assume it's usually a percentage of proceeds?


Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know you can give them a reserve and what they make over and above is theirs! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sold two cars through CTS, both with a flat rate consignment fee.  I would use them again.  Suggest you give them a call and discuss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My experience with AH is they traditionally work to a percentage of sale price. As Pete said, Give them all a call as it may differ by vehicle and on what the seller wants to achieve.
FYI Dutyons/CTS are one group these days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also bear in mind that if in Victoria it is illegal to sell on consignment.   They are the only State that disallow it.

 

I have sold through an official dealer before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Also bear in mind that if in Victoria it is illegal to sell on consignment.   They are the only State that disallow it.

 

I have sold through an official dealer before.

I thought this was the case... I wonder how Duttons and Lorbek get around this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7% - 10% seems to be the going rate for consignment.  Painful.  Then again, considering how miserable selling a car can be, it might be money well spent!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, npvpositive said:

7% - 10% seems to be the going rate for consignment.  Painful.  Then again, considering how miserable selling a car can be, it might be money well spent!

 

Nick,

In my experience they sell at a higher price than what I would have achieved myself on Carsales that more than covers the consignment fees.  Not having to deal with tyre kickers is the icing on the cake.

However looking on Carsales last night for the first time in months surprised me how much the market has slowed, almost to a stop so potential sellers need to be realistic in expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Peter M said:

However looking on Carsales last night for the first time in months surprised me how much the market has slowed, almost to a stop so potential sellers need to be realistic in expectations.

Porsche seller - realistic? - hrmmm.

<disclaimer> only applies to the majority, not every P-car seller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sleazius said:

Porsche seller - realistic? - hrmmm.

<disclaimer> only applies to the majority, not every P-car seller.

There are as many unrealistic buyers as there are sellers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...