Sign in to follow this  
npvpositive

Selling a Porsche on consignment?

Anyone ever sold their Porsche (or another similar car) on consignment?  What do dealers like Duttons, Autohaus and Classic Throttle typically charge as commission for consignment sales?

I assume it's usually a percentage of proceeds?

Thanks!

I know you can give them a reserve and what they make over and above is theirs! 

Sold two cars through CTS, both with a flat rate consignment fee.  I would use them again.  Suggest you give them a call and discuss.

My experience with AH is they traditionally work to a percentage of sale price. As Pete said, Give them all a call as it may differ by vehicle and on what the seller wants to achieve.
FYI Dutyons/CTS are one group these days

Also bear in mind that if in Victoria it is illegal to sell on consignment.   They are the only State that disallow it.

I have sold through an official dealer before.

37 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Also bear in mind that if in Victoria it is illegal to sell on consignment.   They are the only State that disallow it.

I have sold through an official dealer before.

I thought this was the case... I wonder how Duttons and Lorbek get around this?

7% - 10% seems to be the going rate for consignment.  Painful.  Then again, considering how miserable selling a car can be, it might be money well spent!

9 hours ago, npvpositive said:

7% - 10% seems to be the going rate for consignment.  Painful.  Then again, considering how miserable selling a car can be, it might be money well spent!

Nick,

In my experience they sell at a higher price than what I would have achieved myself on Carsales that more than covers the consignment fees.  Not having to deal with tyre kickers is the icing on the cake.

However looking on Carsales last night for the first time in months surprised me how much the market has slowed, almost to a stop so potential sellers need to be realistic in expectations.

4 hours ago, Peter M said:

However looking on Carsales last night for the first time in months surprised me how much the market has slowed, almost to a stop so potential sellers need to be realistic in expectations.

Porsche seller - realistic? - hrmmm.

<disclaimer> only applies to the majority, not every P-car seller.

4 hours ago, sleazius said:

Porsche seller - realistic? - hrmmm.

<disclaimer> only applies to the majority, not every P-car seller.

There are as many unrealistic buyers as there are sellers.