PCSS Finland/driver training holiday?

Hi there

Have any members been to a PCSS Finland ice driving holiday, or any other ice driving experience? Any idea of cost/value for money?

I'm planning a holiday late this year and was wondering if anyone could recommend a track driver training program in the US or Europe, ideally 5 days or so. Any input would be appreciated.

cheers

you could google/ contact German or UK Porsche clubs , they will be pointing you in the right direction. However , since I have been driving at least half of my life in miserable icy and snowy conditions , I think you probably get a similar experience and feel doing a course or training  here in OZ , when they keep the track very wet and you slide and try to learn how to control the car in those conditions. The experience of course would be awesome , snow and wilderness , minus 18 Celsius , banging around all day and having some very cold Vodka after. Not cheap , it will be thousands of Dollars , not hundreds.

Another great thing to do is to drive the Nuerburg ring , you can contact them via their website for programs . Hope this helps a little bit.

On the assumption you are not only considering ice driving...

www.classicracinggroup.com

based at Circuit de Charade in France which held 4 F1 Grand Prix in 1960/70's including one won by Jim Clark. Cars are all new Crossle single seaters, based on the prettiest car Crossle ever built (classic sixties cigar shape) but updated for better safety, more generous cockpit, running 2 litre zetec and pretty generous rubber. 

They are only 420kg and that zetec is reasonably punchy.

Classic circuit, classic cars and no instructor sitting next to you telling you to slow down.

There are also a few F1 drive programmes like AGS in France running the 3.5 litre v10 and later f1 cars.

Unless you are a lost talent better to go drive the sixties single seater at 9/10 rather than stooge around in the F1 at 4/10 IMHO.

21 hours ago, imperfectionist said:

Hi there

Have any members been to a PCSS Finland ice driving holiday, or any other ice driving experience? Any idea of cost/value for money?

I'm planning a holiday late this year and was wondering if anyone could recommend a track driver training program in the US or Europe, ideally 5 days or so. Any input would be appreciated.

cheers

Contact @Caveron here, he will be more than happy to tell you all about, from what i gather he loved it.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I am aware that the PCSS event will be more than a 'few hundred dollars', but more like thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands LOL. From that video it looks awesome, only 10 people make it a very exclusive event.

Concerning driver training, I'd just be happy to do some course that used an MX5 or something, more interested in technique than speed.

Cheers

I attended the Ice Driving in Finland in 2016. Its 4,700 euro to share a car plus a  3,300 euro supplement if you don’t want to share which is the option I took because I get car sick as a passenger when a car gets flung about. The cost includes all accommodation and meals for 5 days. On top of this you have the cost of getting yourself there. I went two days early and spent the time skiing as the hotel they put you in is right on the slopes of Levi which is the biggest ski resort in Finland. 

Porsche bus you to the training facility each day. It’s huge with a number of exercise areas for slalom, drift circle, etc, plus around 12 different race/training circuits carved into the ice and/or thru the forest.

You do not have to book through a dealer. You just go on line to the Porsche Experience website and book. Typically, all the classes get booked out within weeks of being released so you have to be quick. 2020 is sold out. 2021 will be online later this year.

It’s an awesome event and possibly the most fun time I have ever had driving a car.......If you can withstand the cold. One day was -20C!  Overall, the event cost me around 13,000 euro/AUD$20,000. So yes, it’s damn expensive but I enjoyed every second.

IMG_1520.JPG

IMG_1477.JPG

IMG_1481.JPG

3535fc51-af8d-4a35-8ea6-e605da7ba35e.JPG

IMG_7576.JPG

IMG_1483.JPG