Is Nick Murray right ?

Roly

Just joined the forum ... and listening USA Porsche expert, Nick Murray on you tube.

He talks about getting a circa 5% discount.

Ive been all over the Australian Porsche site and configured a Perth based Macan for $105822, drive away.

Code PLXTZ994 if your interested. 

What sort of discount can I get ? .. 

Can I get a better deal in the Eastern states ? 

Edited by Roly
grammer

Depends on demand at the time. If it is something not moving (718 for example) your odds of getting a discount go up. If it is the hot ticket (GT cars) not much chance there unless you're a repeat buyer.

The other issue is that PCA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Porsche AG. In other words, total monopoly from the factory. The best discount I've heard about in the past few years on a new car was circa 10%. But again, it was on a 718.

From the dealership perspective the only reason to offer any discount at all is to meet whatever targets Porsche themselves have set.

There is a reason that Australia is one of Porsche's most profitable countries per unit.

• 9 months later...

hello All.

very new member and in the market for a Porsche. at this stage i am doing my due diligence and watched the Nick Murray video with interest. my conclusion was a 5% saving on a new car valued at 170k is 8.5k. from what i have read so far 5% is seems to be the sweet spot. i'm not the type to haggle. if the price is listed, which it is on website then thats the price i am going to budget for. i'll try the Nick Murray spreadsheet idea, have my finances all ready to go and see what happens. I see three areas to negotiate. the car itself. the accessories and then maybe a free service in the future. a few thousand off the standard car and a few thousand off the accessories and maybe an extra servicing and yr getting close to 5%. ish. i want the experience of buying a Porsche to be fun and not one of war.