Dream car incoming

Many moons ago I had a VL Commodore. As a pimply 18 year old it was my pride and joy. And as a car-mad teen I loved cruising and the odd track day at QR and Mt Cotton skid pan. I was a keen follower of an online Aussie car magazine that I can’t recall the name of, which also had a forum component. The Brisbane/Gold Coast members were pretty active having social drives and being an ‘all-comers’ type event there was a vast array of cars from fast 4s to grumbling v8s. And then a sleek, curvaceous 996 turbo arrived on the scene. Following that machine around on a number of occasions I was smitten by the looks, sound and performance of that silver beast. 
https://images.app.goo.gl/nUDyq8kd3rcEBP618

Many years later, and after enjoying many different brands and a couple of other Pcars along the way, the stars have aligned and I sold my 987 so that I could begin the search for my dream 911. After a couple of false starts, I have bought a very tidy, low mileage 996 turbo.
All I have to do now is wait for another month 😫for her to be delivered from the faraway lands of WA. 
So excited!!! I keep logging onto the Ceva car tracker hoping for an update. Collection this Friday is the beginning of the slow journey east. 

9F440E66-0C4B-4F4D-8B16-76EE21CE0711.jpeg

F1A44A86-E17F-4D3A-980D-3A6D2C6F4E34.jpeg

Looks great. Likewise, got mine from WA last year and freighted over to NSW via Ceva. Went with the enclosed freight option which also guarantees delivery date. Specifically asked them not to wash it when it landed at the Minto Depot to ensure no damage. Everything worked out great, but was checking the tracking system a couple of times a day. Good Luck, hope your delivery goes well. 

Yeah, it’s going to be a long wait. Ceva enclosed 👍. Their website will get plenty of hits and I will post some updates here. 
I had suggested flying over and driving back but don’t have the time to spare. And being self-employed, I’m better off working and paying for transport than the lost revenue. 

9 hours ago, WOKA said:

Beautiful.! 

Good work, can't wait to see it.

Was it Turbo all the way, or did a GT3 get some consideration too.?  Just curious as to the thought process / mindset or just smitten.!

Was 99% turbo all the way. Had a small detour into GT3 territory but I’m not tracking it and ultimately wanted 4 seats for the occasional family drive (kids can knees up in the back once in a while). 
Also investigated a fully loaded 997S at Weltmeister. It’s a 1 of 4 special but a dealership special with sanction from Porsche HQ. PCBrisbane said I should buy that on rarity alone. I can share more info if anyone wants more.

Finally back to turbo. It’s what I’ve wanted for so long. Lowered, exhaust, options, low ks (63k), mint body

4B260E00-58D7-4D95-8C69-C47D751D192F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...