Moving a car from Rockhampton to Brisbane

Gavn

2 hours ago, 901er said:

Is that a new thing? They have moved a few cars for me up to the Whitsunday’s, the last one was June last year. Plus I see Ceva trucks up here daily. I have also used Dynamic car transport, Cheap Car Carrying and Rainbow car transport 

Not sure if it's a new thing - seemed strange but prix also said only Brisbane south.  Thanks for the other three names - will check them tomorrow.

20 hours ago, Mike D'Silva said:

What sort of car..? How long would it take to drive.. I might be free.. 

Haha - it's not the sort of car that most here would be attracted to....& not been driven much for the last few years so it'd be a roll of the dice to bring it down (but it has crossed my mind....). Early 80's subaru wagon.  Been looking for one of these for a little while & this one seems promising....

DSCN0871.JPG

DSCN0813.JPG

19 minutes ago, firstone said:

Looks like a rare find. Mum n dads ride to coles n bowls.

Early 80s is a 1600 yeh?

yep - not so many on the road any more.  Think 1800 in this case (not sure which year was the change over...definitely 1800 by 84).

11 hours ago, firstone said:

The 1800 is nicer.

They had an RS turbo later in the 80s. Drove one to Newcastle return for a wedding once. Great car.

What's your draw to this model? 

First car I had was a much more beat up version of the one in the pics.    I respect the fact that the engines & drivetrains are pretty bomb proof (ala brumbys still getting around...a relative has a farm brumby that they just can't kill) plus it took the idea of 4wd to a more normal market (for those that didn't want a landrover or landcruiser) & started a market for what is now the whole suv thing.  We also kind of 'need' a back up car for when one of ours is in the shop for a few days & I figure if I'm going to get another piece of useless metal, I might as well jump in something I find personally interesting....

Interesting you mentioned the late 80's turbos - there's one for sale at Duttons at the moment via nz.

I like the Suby"s as well, ive had three and the first one was the 1800 wagon, that would go anywhere that car, then i got a brand new Forester and was a bit disappointed in the all wheel drive but still a great car and almost fully optioned from standard. i was really impressed how the Forester would drift all 4 wheels in the wet, awesome handling for what it was.

Funny how we all gravitate to the cars we owned in our youth. No matter how obscure or "uncool" (but I think this Subi is way cool).

My first car was a Renault 20TS that I wrote off within a week (so didn't get too attached to that).

My second, fourth and tenth were all Peugeot 404s. I love those things and would have another in an instant (if they hadn't all returned to the earth).

What would I really want from the past? My 1981 Mk1 Golf Gti 1600 (closely followed by the 1989 Mk2 Gti 16v).

Simpler times ....

7 hours ago, XLR8 said:

Funny how we all gravitate to the cars we owned in our youth. No matter how obscure or "uncool" (but I think this Subi is way cool).

My first car was a Renault 20TS that I wrote off within a week (so didn't get too attached to that).

My second, fourth and tenth were all Peugeot 404s. I love those things and would have another in an instant (if they hadn't all returned to the earth).

What would I really want from the past? My 1981 Mk1 Golf Gti 1600 (closely followed by the 1989 Mk2 Gti 16v).

Simpler times ....

It's a pretty common thing I'd say.  I've got a soft spot for the early subi's & am really looking forward to cruising around in one - will be nice to have a daily that's a bit of a pleasure.