Coronavirus - what do you think?

Wow, I need to check out of this thread, i’ll return to to Porsche related threads for fear I’ll say something I regret.......🤔

I’ll leave this for all you guys to argue about.....cue the conspiracies, big brother intent, jackboot cops, lack of civil rights etc etc etc etc etc etc  

Meh, sign me up so we can get on with life sooner rather than later and shutdown new cases quickly to prevent spread.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/apr/14/australian-government-plans-to-bring-in-mobile-phone-app-to-track-people-with-coronavirus

1 hour ago, Dalai said:

Produced by the Epoch Times... Not a particularly reliable source. 

Fair enough,.  I wasn’t sure about it either, it was something my conspiracy theory wife showed me, so thought I would throw it out there for appraisal.  Thankyou.

7 hours ago, clutch-monkey said:

your statement that there are not many people in ICU is proof positive that the impact of the virus is being restricted by current measures, so i am not entirely sure what argument you are trying to make here.

Mr Clutch, it's very hard to have an argument or debate with someone who knows everthing, listens to no one, believes nothing, can't comprehend four simple instructions, thinks he's under house arrest, the government nearly always gets it wrong, the list goes on & on.

l refuse to re-engage as its pointless, it's more fun to see a person digging a deeper hole & looking more ridiculous with each post (MO).

However, it is a forum where everyone is entitled to express an opinion which we may like or not like or agree with.

Very much agree with all the positive comments about our front line workers who are out there grafting.

11 minutes ago, Arnage said:

Mr Clutch, it's very hard to have an argument or debate with someone who knows everthing, listens to no one, believes nothing, can't comprehend four simple instructions, thinks he's under house arrest, the government nearly always gets it wrong, the list goes on & on.

l refuse to re-engage as its pointless, it's more fun to see a person digging a deeper hole & looking more ridiculous with each post (MO).

However, it is a forum where everyone is entitled to express an opinion which we may like or not like or agree with.

Very much agree with all the positive comments about our front line workers who are out there grafting.

So I take it you have no counter arguments and just prefer to be one of the sheeple.
Strange you say you are happy for others to have a different opinion but then make all sorts of disparaging and incorrect statements. I do understand the 4 basic rules but you seem very upset I pointed out that there are many additional valid legal reasons to be out of your home that the government is not communicating to us. They could in the advertisements just say for the full list got to xyz. 
Your post is a typical "I don't like what you are saying so I will do my best to shut you down"  well petty incorrect personal comments won't shut me down so suck up up.

10 hours ago, Redracn said:

The US death rate of the most infected states per 10million of population is in line with most other countries yes numbers are higher but so is the population. Then you have Sweden with virtually no restrictions sitting right in the middle. The experts hate this as they can not explain it and it debunks their Partial lockdowns as being ineffective.

Sweden is indeed interesting.  Is the following  representative of some of the  Swedish  line of thinking ( political decision makers) on how they they have framed their national response ?( virtually opposite approach to their bordering neighbours).   "This particular plague doesn’t seem to threaten everyone equally. While the young are by no means immune, coronavirus disproportionately harms the old. So, some critics are murmuring, should we really be sabotaging the economy and the futures of the young to save grandma?" 

No worries @OZ930 Was on a friend's FB feed and after watching a few minutes it seemed full of conspiracy theories so had a look who runs the Epoch Times. It was started by Chinese Americans who are followers of Folun Gong which is persecuted in China. So anything they write is very anti China!

3 hours ago, Dalai said:

Produced by the Epoch Times... Not a particularly reliable source. 

A reliable source   / quote from an article I read  today from a fund manager who is chief caretaker on more than a few billion of investor funds based on his  thinking  regarding the coronavirus?   "We did not see this coming. A virus developing from bats in Wuhan that would affect the world, and keep us all trapped at home... this was not in my outlook statement for 2020".   

1 hour ago, 3legs said:

Seriously guys you all need to calm down. 

You are just going around in circles and keep offering the same opinions.

As I said before once you resort to insults to try to get your opinion across your opinion becomes null and void.

Yeah this - one of the strengths of this forum is the general lack of personal attacks as opposed to the Internet in general.   I think we all have different opinions on this whole situation - but there’s 20 gorillon other internet outlets to use for those.  

I’m frustrated and bored and generally trying not to get into it because the quality of my input is low.

15 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

Not looking good for USA 609,516 cases as of yesterday.

J60RlJh.png

These logarithmic graphs make it harder to grasp the true nature of things for the average person.

I understand why they do them, because otherwise you can't compare the US to Iceland on the same graph, but they are misleading if you aren't paying attention.

Selecting by country does throw up some statistical difficulty.  The US is a big area with lots of people, and   1/4 of the problem is in the NY area.  Which also has more people than most countries.

If they reported the EU as aggregate then it would be worse than the US. And we will never know the true number in China. The US also has a low death rate per 1m people, which is influenced by the barely affected states, while countries in the EU have a lot of difference as well.

In reality I think the differences in the way the data is collected 

Just watching the news.  I honestly cannot believe people in the USA.  They still have 2000 people per day getting the Virus and 1000 a day dying, yet there are protests in Texas and other states wanting everything to go back to normal NOW!!!!!.  obviously none of the protesters are social distancing.  All started because of comments from their President saying he is the supreme leader and his word is law and the states must fall into line.  I honestly am starting to believe that they should just do it and it will thin out the herd.  Just do not let them come here for a year or more.  The dummies protesting can all go on with their lives and the smart ones will stay isolated.  The ratio of dummies vs intelligent people in the USA will soon start swinging towards intelligent as all the dummies start getting sick and die.  I am certain that the ratio is swinging more on the side of dummies at the moment over there.  Truely unbelievable.

Germany too.

Arrogance has been lauded as an asset for some time now. Haha.

The sad part is the medics will wear the burden. Again.

How would it be if the medics were arrogant? Refusing to go to work because of the risk.

As my ol man said, shoot a couple n hang em on the fence. They'll get the picture.

I was at Bunnings today buying a laser level for work, and the amount of people there was ridiculous. They have bollards and notices at each end of every aisle stating no more than 4 people at a time. I counted more than 8 in 3 different aisles. I had to bypass 5 aisles just to get to where I wanted to go which was no problem, yet 'security' was there doing jack shit. I'm sure they had no grasp on the English language anyway, so what's the point of even having them there? 

I'm not going to say keeping a minimum amount of people per aisle at Bunnings or a shopping centre is or isn't going to help the situation, as I can't be arsed having or starting an argument about it here, yet it's moreso that people are just so ignorant of others in public areas.