Coronavirus - what do you think?

38 minutes ago, Raven said:

Hi Lee I know you work in the building game as a contractor ,,do you get many Chinese on your job sites ...???

Since leaving the Army I went back to carpentry on casual basis .

We get a huge amount of Chinese labour on our buildings sites in Sydney ,,constantly causing issues such as having no tools so they take mine , not have materials so they take mine , having no clue so they just screw things up ,,,complete disregard for anyone else on the site eg rude ,arrogant , push ,and shove others make out they do not understand English and do what they want regardless of safety issues or what the site supervisors require ,,,they are a Farking menace and in my opinion  a serious problem .

The problem up until know has been when ever you raise these issues you get the race card thrown in your face and told to just let it go and take it one the chin ,,,be the better human being and show understanding ,,,,What Bull Shit ..

Got me stuffed how they even get on these jobs as I can not get a start with out all my insurances and Safety shit up to date .

It basically comes down to the all mighty dollar and they are cheap labour and saving the builder money , and increasing his profits so he turns a blind eye ,,,,hopefully after this Covid 19 drama subside attitudes may change some what ,,but I am not holding my breath ...

Every thing comes down to money 

And BATS.......

On 26/04/2020 at 10:29, DJM said:

This is what frustrates me.  I don't believe this statement reflects the facts.  The are not currently 6,667 cases.  That's the total to date of which the majority have recovered.  Yet again that data does not provide sufficient info to work out the active cases.  I can only assume the Gov't does not want that under people's noses for fear they will de-restrict themselves.

The total number of cases in Australia is currently 6,667.

^ One key word strategically missed perhaps.   The total number of "identified" cases.........  . As you note, no clue on active cases that show bugger all symptoms but can still spread it.   Or is it that if you've got it and showing no symptoms and haven't been tested, you conveniently don't meet the definition a case under the fine print.   But in general, a trend is your friend until the bend at  end.  So if recorded cases are down, high correlation active cases not reported are likely to follow the same trend.   I'm not complaining as in the state I reside in at least those at the wheel have their  hand  on the handbrake, buttons pressed in and the tension in the cable is released ever so slightly.  

This chart has lots of data for Australia

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2020/04/coronavirus-covid-19-at-a-glance-coronavirus-covid-19-at-a-glance-infographic_23.pdf

It is obvious that here in Aus it is an old persons problem so about time the young (under 50) got back to work and as a byproduct build herd immunity which is effectively being vaccinated while the old and vulnerable stay locked down or take their own risk. With 113 hospitalisations and 43 ICU beds in use in total in Australia it is hardly stressing the medical system given elective surgery is canceled and there should be less flu beds in use given the lockdown is also effective at stopping its spread. 
By any measure the continued house arrest is unwarranted based on the data. Unless of course the idea is to cripple the entire nation.

29 minutes ago, Redracn said:

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2020/04/coronavirus-covid-19-at-a-glance-coronavirus-covid-19-at-a-glance-infographic_23.pdf

It is obvious that here in Aus it is an old persons problem so about time the young (under 50) got back to work and as a byproduct build herd immunity which is effectively being vaccinated while the old and vulnerable stay locked down or take their own risk. With 113 hospitalisations and 43 ICU beds in use in total in Australia it is hardly stressing the medical system given elective surgery is canceled and there should be less flu beds in use given the lockdown is also effective at stopping its spread. 
By any measure the continued house arrest is unwarranted based on the data. Unless of course the idea is to cripple the entire nation.

that chart says it's a nsw problem too, maybe just keep them locked away from the rest of the country for a while 😂

putting my must be racist hat on, I can outdo your rude and unskilled Chinese worker: Whats with the proliferation of  Indian Courier drivers these days?

It used to be just one Courier company that delivers to us, who were just plain  rude, you were lucky to get the driver pause his phonecall to his brother on his headset long enough for you to sign, now we are getting guys totally unskilled who cant even be half arsed.

I've been asked if I can reverse the truck for them (?! i'm 'white collar', stubbies and flanno were in the wash), sure you do my job then whilst I do yours, they dont come with a pallet truck, or use a tailgate loader.

All of our shit is delivered damaged, because they dont have a clue, and they don''t give a toss. Total arrogance is outstanding.

Bugger, wrong thread again :) 

1 hour ago, Redracn said:

WOW...THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN.

1 hour ago, deano said:

putting my must be racist hat on, I can outdo your rude and unskilled Chinese worker: Whats with the proliferation of  Indian Courier drivers these days?

It used to be just one Courier company that delivers to us, who were just plain  rude, you were lucky to get the driver pause his phonecall to his brother on his headset long enough for you to sign, now we are getting guys totally unskilled who cant even be half arsed.

I've been asked if I can reverse the truck for them (?! i'm 'white collar', stubbies and flanno were in the wash), sure you do my job then whilst I do yours, they dont come with a pallet truck, or use a tailgate loader.

All of our shit is delivered damaged, because they dont have a clue, and they don''t give a toss. Total arrogance is outstanding.

Bugger, wrong thread again :) 

I get them also in similar situation on the building jobs ,generally they want me to unload it for them and it is some other trades delivery like floor tiles or insolation ..................I just laugh at them and say take it back got nothing to do with me ...........Welcome to Australia :Chuckle2:

Yeh either lazy or totally useless at their delivery job ....

2 hours ago, Redracn said:

Excuse my ignorance, but doesn’t this show the that the measures taken are actually working? I want out of this shit as much as everyone else,but seeing what has happened elsewhere I’ll put up with it for a few more weeks, I don’t like funerals 

1 hour ago, Niko said:

WOW...THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN.

I would have thought you were old enough to to look after yourself and not have everybody else suffer on your behalf. Just wait until the taxes are increased and the young have to pay back the trillions this lockdown is costing. The death tax could even make a comeback.

25 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

Excuse my ignorance, but doesn’t this show the that the measures taken are actually working? I want out of this shit as much as everyone else,but seeing what has happened elsewhere I’ll put up with it for a few more weeks, I don’t like funerals 

Do you know which measures as they just dumped almost everything they had on us that they could get away with. The ever reliable 80:20 rule says that just 20% of the measures would achieve 80% of the result. 

Yes we should have learnt from elsewhere that it is an old persons problem and acted more appropriately to protect them rather than shutting the country down.

I don't like funerals either but the unintended consequences of a prolonged lockdown which is already being reported on such as the rise in non CV deaths due to delaying seeing a doctor and suicides could well number many more deaths than the CV19 ones. 

The government sold this to us on the basis we needed to flatten the curve so as to not overload the health system. It turns out the curve is very flat and the health system is hardly being used for CV19. Are they trying to remove it from Australia? If so they should say so or remove restrictions. They have no experience and no idea what the end game is.

43 minutes ago, firstone said:

Nobody has proven that you have immunity after recovery from this, yet.

Then no point in doing a Vaccine until they do. 

8 minutes ago, Redracn said:

Do you know which measures as they just dumped almost everything they had on us that they could get away with. The ever reliable 80:20 rule says that just 20% of the measures would achieve 80% of the result. 

Yes we should have learnt from elsewhere that it is an old persons problem and acted more appropriately to protect them rather than shutting the country down.

I don't like funerals either but the unintended consequences of a prolonged lockdown which is already being reported on such as the rise in non CV deaths due to delaying seeing a doctor and suicides could well number many more deaths than the CV19 ones. 

The government sold this to us on the basis we needed to flatten the curve so as to not overload the health system. It turns out the curve is very flat and the health system is hardly being used for CV19. Are they trying to remove it from Australia? If so they should say so or remove restrictions. They have no experience and no idea what the end game is.

Then no point in doing a Vaccine until they do. 

No one actually knows yet and that’s the problem we are unfortunately stuck with, I wouldn’t want to be the one making the decisions and I really feel for the poor buggers that are, and for once I don’t think self interest is the motive, because rooting the economy can’t possibly be in anyone’s interest. 

17 hours ago, Redracn said:

I would have thought you were old enough to to look after yourself and not have everybody else suffer on your behalf. Just wait until the taxes are increased and the young have to pay back the trillions this lockdown is costing. The death tax could even make a comeback.

I'm not going to turn this into a debate, I've seen your previous "debates"

You're welcome to have your thoughts.

I'm just glad I'm not in the trenches with you.

Have a good life.

This is us stuck in a bomb shelter together. 😲

Everyone calm the fk down or I swear I'll start shooting, and I'll start with the next one that makes a sound. 😂😂😂

But seriously, be careful you don't eat too much bitter.

2 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

No one actually knows yet and that’s the problem we are unfortunately stuck with, I wouldn’t want to be the one making the decisions and I really feel for the poor buggers that are, and for once I don’t think self interest is the motive, because rooting the economy can’t possibly be in anyone’s interest. 

You might want to look further as from what I have read the correct long term antibodies are being generated so a vaccine and/or herd immunity looks like it will work. The idea that it won't would appear to just be scare mongering to keep everyone compliant. 

3 minutes ago, Redracn said:

You might want to look further as from what I have read the correct long term antibodies are being generated so a vaccine and/or herd immunity looks like it will work. The idea that it won't would appear to just be scare mongering to keep everyone compliant. 

Make sure you download the Covid Safe app

@Raven

I've not seen many Chinese on building sites personally mate, as its mainly the Afghani/Sudanese/Indian/Pakistani imports that have caused me no end of headaches before. I won't go into it here, yet I'm just glad I don't have to put up with them anymore (now it's just junkie houso's 😁🙄) What I will say is that it's all the builders, developers and everyone else associated with the building game that are to blame, not to mention the government turning a blind eye to it all. Its rife and it's got to stop, so if you see it, dob them in

1 hour ago, Niko said:

Would you believe I actually hit like on that and can't change it....:wacko:

I'm not going to turn this into a debate, I've seen your previous "debates"

You're welcome to have your thoughts.

I'm just glad I'm not in the trenches with you.

Have a good life.

Thanks for the thoughts Niko. As it turns out I have a great life. Even going on a legal 350km drive in the GT3 tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Make sure you download the Covid Safe app

Not me. I would rather go to a catch it party and get it over and done with while there is plenty of spare hospital capacity. 

2 minutes ago, Redracn said:

Not me. I would rather go to a catch it party and get it over and done with while there is plenty of spare hospital capacity. 

Hurry up it’s getting harder to catch everyday.

Only 14 active cases here in SA or so they say I’m sure they hiding something from us ......lol