981 Boxster questions

550Spyder

Looking at Boxster 981 s and have a few questions

1.     Do 981 Boxsters have a sticker on the underside of the bonnet with the VIN, engine #, gearbox # and option codes like the earlier cars?

2.     Do 981 Boxsters come with a service book that gets stamped like early cars

3.     Do Boxster S have black gauges or white gauges like earlier S models

4.    Does anyone have a 981 with 120,000km +++. ? Are the 981 pretty robust or have you needed to do complete suspension rebuilds or oth major works?

appreciate some actual owners responses.

1) there is no sticker on the underside of the bonnet - VIN is visible through the front windscreen and on the side of bonnet & hatch (and a few other places) but the engine & gearbox no’s and options codes are not displayed - I didn’t get the exact specification of my car (as 2nd owner) until I obtained the details from PCA (you need to give them the VIN);

2) the service book covers all 911 models (ex-GT cars) and 981 Boxster & Caymans - not sure if I understand your question but the service book gets stamped in the usual manner;

3) the rev counter on a 981 Boxster S is a silver colour (unless optioned in a different colour);

4) my car is still under 40,000km so some way below your 120,000km insights (but no issues to date).

David

• 2 weeks later...