FOR SALE PORSCHE 996.2 911 $70,000 OBO

It's come time to part with my beloved Klaus.

Below is a facts sheet of most of the improvements made to this once basic 2002 996.2....

Offering him here to Porsche guys before I go to Car Sales etc and have to deal with numpty's 

full disclosure its been to the track once for 45 mins on the GT circuit at " The Bend " and it's done 2 "Classic Adelaide" Rally's one just the "tour" and one " challenge "

recently had all lower guards painted and PPF film completed by Eye Candy Detailing here in ADL

Open to offers at this stage via PM

image.png.cbd1e06a6eeececbbcb9b97ff93f757f.png

image.png.c5d15e5151abf4751b7470ffaf1b2a43.png

KLAUS 1-19.jpg

KLAUS 1-25.jpg

KLAUS 1-28.jpg

KLAUS 1-15.jpg

KLAUS 1-6.jpg

KLAUS 1-24.jpg

KLAUS 2-19.jpg

KLAUS 2-21.jpg

KLAUS 2-22.jpg

1 minute ago, Jim45 said:

Ditto great mods and looks the goods.

Not usually a big fan of 19's but they suit this build.

Please block me so I don't get any crazy ideas...

Yeah when you improve the braking package as much as this, and then spend the time getting the rake and corner weights spot on they are a pleasure to drive on!

So much time was spent getting the suspension to work well with this tyre wheel package.

Mid corner this is superior to a 997.2 RS

1 hour ago, williamsf1 said:

Should I put it up on CarSales or am I wasting my time there?

Might just be better off keeping Klaus till this is over in November

It would be an absolute waste of time in my opinion, I believe the share market and non essential cars are linked, and since (in the short term at least) no one is discounting their car by over 50%. 

Points me to the conclusion that even if you did have money to buy your dream Porsche, there is a lot of easy money to be made buying right on ASX and then using profits to buy the dream car in more certain times.

2 hours ago, williamsf1 said:

Should I put it up on CarSales or am I wasting my time there?

Might just be better off keeping Klaus till this is over in November

Subject to your personal circumstances and motivation for sale, if you can hang onto it, then re-list it once the economy is in better shape, I would certainly be doing so.

Now is not the time to be selling assets, unless absolutely necessary.

I expect that there will a flood of 'discretionary spending' toys coming onto the market once the full effect of Covid-19 hits, including cars, bikes, boats, holiday homes.

45 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Subject to your personal circumstances and motivation for sale, if you can hang onto it, then re-list it once the economy is in better shape, I would certainly be doing so.

Now is not the time to be selling assets, unless absolutely necessary.

I expect that there will a flood of 'discretionary spending' toys coming onto the market once the full effect of Covid-19 hits, including cars, bikes, boats, holiday homes.

Agree - anyone buying now will be expecting a deeeeeeeeep discount based, amongst other things, on how bad the recession will be post lockdown/infection/isolation etc.  

It's going to be difficult to attract a buyer without a price... I see 'offers' or 'POA' as translating to overpriced, so your ad gives me this impression. I'm not saying this to be an ass or as an attack, just how as an outsider it reads

4 minutes ago, JLD said:

It's going to be difficult to attract a buyer without a price... I see 'offers' or 'POA' as translating to overpriced, so your ad gives me this impression. I'm not saying this to be an ass or as an attack, just how as an outsider it reads

Fair statement, normally I would be pretty confident in pricing something on market value but I have zero clue right now!!

I did see a stock 996.2 with 102k sell today to 67k? and a week or so ago another sold for 72k....

Is that the market?

4 hours ago, hugh said:

If I didn't already have a black 996 in the garage I'd be all over this. I suspect many people would be too if it wasn't for the current situation we find ourselves in. :(

Thanks! I back to back drove the Basket Range last night GT3 v Klaus - Klaus is a far sharper tool in current spec

28 minutes ago, williamsf1 said:

I did see a stock 996.2 with 102k sell today to 67k? and a week or so ago another sold for 72k....

Is that the market?

Like the others have said, if you don't need to sell, hang on to it for a while. At the moment I think even last week was different from this week, and I would be very surprised if you would find a buyer at anywhere near recent market rates.

You can always put a price on it let it sit. If you want to move it now, I think the price will need to be seen as a bargain as bargain hunters will be the only ones in the market right now.

1 hour ago, williamsf1 said:

Fair statement, normally I would be pretty confident in pricing something on market value but I have zero clue right now!!

Is that the market?

Was that the sell price or the last price you saw it listed at? 

IMO they must have been really good cars to sell at those prices if that's what they went for.

Your car looks like good buying and to be honest i don't even know what i would offer you if i was in the market, only you will know what you have spent and what it "owes" you. Seems to me most people are looking for originality these days with 996 series cars, unless bargain price of course with some of the horrendous mods that i have seen the last couple of years.

GLWS if you decide to go ahead, BTW nice car.:wub: 

2 hours ago, williamsf1 said:

Is that the market?

Thanks! I back to back drove the Basket Range last night GT3 v Klaus - Klaus is a far sharper tool in current spec

3 hours ago, williamsf1 said:

Just advertise it for what you want for it, with some haggle room, and the market/punter/enthusiast/flipper will soon let you know if you're on the mark or not. Is it worth the same money as those cars you've listed above? Hands down I'd pick your car over a standard one for the same money, but that's me. 

And you're not wasting your time here

27 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Just advertise it for what you want for it, with some haggle room, and the market/punter/enthusiast/flipper will soon let you know if you're on the mark or not. Is it worth the same money as those cars you've listed above? Hands down I'd pick your car over a standard one for the same money, but that's me. 

And you're not wasting your time here

Same . I have seen this car and if I was in the market it would be mine