FS 1987 928 S4 Manual

It’s a sad day, but it’s time to look to move my S4 on. I’ve had it coming up to 4 years, have thoroughly enjoyed it, and have had a reasonable bit of work done.

Its a UK car that was imported about 10 years ago, and is a proper everyday car - not a garage queen or track car but a reliable, easy-to-drive fun car. 

White body with full black leather interior. 

Lots of receipts and records of work done, all of it by Bruce and Sean at Buchanans, which is local to me.

Most significant of the work done is an engine-out, under bonnet refurb. Heads off and cleaned, bores checked, valves spruced, new gaskets.

Also replaced all rubber/plastic items under the bonnet, new radiator, and custom header tank.

It’s all shiny in there!

Fitted with new clutch, specific for 87 S4 from Porsche Germany at the time of refitting the engine.

Gearbox has been removed, checked, leaks fixed, and refitted.

Steering rack, sunroof, rear hatch, seat electrics, dash lights have all been refurbed.

There are a handful of things to be done, though nothing that stops this from being a great fun, daily driver. Top of the list would be to fix the AC, and it’ll probably need the rear half exhaust in the next year or so.

Paintwork is only fair, though the interior is pretty good with the seats being supportive and unmarked.

Last serviced Oct 2019, rego to September 2020 and its on full NSW rego, not Historic.E560C073-3D0F-45BD-AF66-99E58446820F.jpeg.93e05f23b9a46b32fb4ad41bdef65df3.jpeg

I’ve not yet put it on Carsales and would prob put it on for a price somewhere around $58/59k. If anyone on here is interested, feel free to call me on 0439 569 506 - cheers Lee

16A90383-E4D8-4B14-B4BE-2FC23EEC963D.jpeg.a0f94bc3d135c4add9d1221b95bceba2.jpeg

1E6902F9-AA3B-4932-B341-98CBBFF94E62.jpeg

C1F1B4E2-239B-4F84-B406-DD03A0E90BAF.jpeg

5F6FC5DB-0867-4947-8A09-C0A0BEE18A4F.jpeg

EC622902-ACBB-482F-BBD6-E934ACC26CB8.jpeg

BE6E5025-95A6-4A37-AC57-D6935DD82B7D.jpeg

B8DAB2B1-8339-406F-B2A9-AFBB00FB0E9C.jpeg

49DE4CD6-6EDB-4FE6-A3B0-6CEA081C559B.jpeg

Edited by PomBstard
Realigning photos

• 1 month later...

Well, it looks like I might have done a deal on this - though it all feels a bit provisional, price agreed but still awaiting deposit. 

A generally very enthusiastic chap who seemed reasonably clued up. I’m expecting the deposit to now be subject to some sort of PPI, but we’ll see what happens.

Had a good response considering the lack of movement of the population, albeit lots of dreamers rather than keeners.

I’ll be happy if the sale goes through, but no overly sad if it doesn’t...!!

And as, almost, expected - he’s pulled out. Tried to renegotiate the price and then claimed he needed to sell his car first. I don’t have any nice words for this approach to life, as a seller you have to follow each lead to its logical conclusion...

Time wasted, expectations raised, but car still with me...😁 Had a lovely drive in it this morning too, out and back before the rain

• 1 month later...

Well, that didn’t go very well at all. Apart from the dreamers and the Best-Price-Innit-Bruvs who between them were disappointed it wasn’t showroom fresh or available for half the asking price, I couldn’t see what I was going to replace it with.

So, for now, I’m keeping it. I’m sure we all agree it’s for the best...!!