Trickle charger advice please

Lucky Phil

5 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

Well...I couldn't resist and bought another for a spare, spare. Worse case, I just flushed $20. Worth the punt if you ask me ;) 

👍 - I'm close to getting another one!

I've sent a text to all my car nut mates as well!

3 hours ago, P-Kay said:

Well...I couldn't resist and bought another for a spare, spare. Worse case, I just flushed $20. Worth the punt if you ask me ;) 

If you pay via Paypal, there absolutely no risk. Buyer protection all the way ...

1 hour ago, Dreamr said:

If you pay via Paypal, there absolutely no risk. Buyer protection all the way ...

Until you get hacked TWICE in a week on PayPal and Ebay like I did.

Closed both my accounts and never buy from Ebay unless its via someone elses account

Just got my postage advice, being sent by China Post, so obviously not coming from a local source.  Presume Ctek probably made in China anyway, but will these be genuine, or copies???  That is the $64,000 question.  I got a full refund from Paypal when something I ordered wasn't what it purported to be, so there's always that fall back if I can be worried about claiming on $20.....

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Just got my postage advice, being sent by China Post, so obviously not coming from a local source.  Presume Ctek probably made in China anyway, but will these be genuine, or copies???  That is the $64,000 question.  I got a full refund from Paypal when something I ordered wasn't what it purported to be, so there's always that fall back if I can be worried about claiming on $20.....

Got my notification as well - also did some digging around and looks like CTEK products are designed in Sweden and manufactured in China.

Their web site lists a dude called "Stig" running the Chinese operation! - I know it's a common name but just pictured a bloke in a white helmet sat in an office.

Still no idea how they can make it and get it here for $19 and if it's genuine, guess we'll find out soon enough.

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

Anyone received their cheap unit yet?  I just got this reminder in my email that they are still available.  Remember to old saying "if it seems too good to be true....."

https://www.ebay.com.au/i/184306205659?ul_noapp=true

Only ordered yesterday - will post up the results once they, yes I bought another one, arrive.

Fully expecting them to catch fire or open a portal to another dimension tbh - can't wait!

Jim.

26 minutes ago, Carrera28 said:

This has been entered in the seller's feedback:

STOP STOP STOP ...This is a SCAM. Do NOT Purchase. I have reported to eBay

The charger is now listed at $10.66, it must be too good to be true.

Meh...

I've wasted more $$ on a soggy pizza. 

Will be interesting to see what happens. 

🍕

• 3 weeks later...