Lambos on the market

Not sure where to put this one, mods please move if in the wrong spot.

I know there are a few members who keep their eye on Lambos, and this current market is starting to make things interesting.

@edgy

Its a 4, but that is a chunk under 300k now...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-lamborghini-huracan-lp610-4-auto-awd-my15/SSE-AD-5589992/?Cr=0

Also there are a stack of cars lining up at or just above 300k. Could be interesting in a few weeks.

I think they've got a ways to fall still... but its interesting how well they've held their value the Huracan, compared to say a McClaren of equivalent year.... tells you how good they are. I just worry they are "too Audi"

But the one I really want is a Murcielago gated manual, @OBRUT found me one late last year... but having the GT3 repainted at that time did little help $$ and it was yellow... looked sexy as hell, but it was yellow, and as Hall & Oates once sang; I can't go for that, no no no ... no can do! 

Other ones to watch would have to be Gallardo Superlegerra or Balboni?

Yeah, the more interesting thing to me is how they're all lining up at 300k. Two weeks ago there was one car within $20k of that, and the rest were 40-60k above it. We've seen the first owner blink, now just to see if it will be a stampede or not.

I don't think there will be too much movement in the classic segment just yet, it will take a lot longer for those cars to drop. I think that particular Murci was run past me as well, but it was about 6 months earlier than I was ready for at the time.

Yellow is always a win in my book - firstly I love it, but secondly it is usually cheaper because there is a large segment of buyers who hate it.

I think the cars to watch in the Gallardo market will be the S.E's and the Leggopeners. A “normal” Gallardo will see a correction to the steady climb over the last year. Since selling mine I still harbour a desire for a limited build car. A Battleship Grey SL would tick the box nicely.

2 hours ago, sleazius said:

This car has a smelly green tree hanging from the rear view mirror, i can understand this in a smelly old AC 911 but this thing should still smell pretty new i would have thought.

1 hour ago, TINGY996 said:

This car has a smelly green tree hanging from the rear view mirror, i can understand this in a smelly old AC 911 but this thing should still smell pretty new i would have thought.

He also mentions something about an exhaust, I think I missed it

4 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Hanging for a sub 100 Espada...

they’ve intrigued me since I was a kid but I imagine bloody expensive to own.  Harry’s one getting an engine build, must be eye wateringly expensive.  But Uber cool in my book.  Still 130k off your mark though 😂

1lbd6uqie3e62cl6hisjshkzy.jpg?pxc_method=fitfill&pxc_width=480

1970 Lamborghini Espada Manual

• 57,875 km
  • Coupe
  • Manual
  • 12cyl 3.9L Petrol

Private

For more information on this item please visit:
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1970-Lamborghini-Espada-Manual/SSE-AD-6030336

3 hours ago, edgy said:

But the one I really want is a Murcielago gated manual

Collecting Cars podcast with Harry driving a manual early Murci caught my attention.  For me it has to be a V12.  Never driven any of them but the later V10s I see as Audi in drag.

17 minutes ago, DJM said:

Collecting Cars podcast with Harry driving a manual early Murci caught my attention.  For me it has to be a V12.  Never driven any of them but the later V10s I see as Audi in drag.

Good point on the early car, for me, it has to be an early car over the LP generation 

2 hours ago, Coastr said:

What’s happening with countaches?  

They remain awesome to the power of rad. 

Ps.  Somewhere in this wide brown land there is (was?) an orange rhd Espada running a 350 chev and turbo 400 box. I have searched high and low but can not find it.  If you hear a whisper, please tap me on the shoulder. 

8 hours ago, OBRUT said:

They remain awesome to the power of rad. 

Ps.  Somewhere in this wide brown land there is (was?) an orange rhd Espada running a 350 chev and turbo 400 box. I have searched high and low but can not find it.  If you hear a whisper, please tap me on the shoulder. 

I guess I walked into that one.  I guess my question was - are any coming up for sale?  Where does one even find where they are listed?

5 hours ago, smit2100 said:

R8 v10 gated 6 speed= bit of a unicorn.  What, maybe see one pop up for grabs per annum?

Here you go, he says 32 delivered to Aus

1dpmmd695pss13ntahx0tdh1k.png?pxc_method=fitfill&pxc_width=480

2012 Audi R8 Manual quattro MY12
  • 39,000 km
  • Coupe
  • Manual
  • 10cyl 5.2L Petrol
Private

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2012-Audi-R8-Manual-quattro-MY12/SSE-AD-6577594

3 hours ago, Coastr said:

I guess I walked into that one.  I guess my question was - are any coming up for sale?  Where does one even find where they are listed?

You whisper the name into a soft breeze at sunset and they will find you...

On a more serious note, I think they tend to be bought not sold. People go looking for one and ask around etc. 

I got lucky, mine was actually advertised publicly due to a divorce forced sale. 

I had been looking for a couple of years on and off and looked at four in that period. One at Gosford museum, one in a shitshow of a deceased estate multi car collection sale, one a mate had stashed away and the one I bought. 

5 hours ago, Coastr said:

I browse high end real estate for fun, every so often you'll see a car in the garage that you like. Hit up the RE agent to ask you to get in contact with the owner. I've never bought this way, but I've definitely had a few convos with owners and have my name down if they decide to sell.

Here is one I spotted the other week (I didn't hit up the agent in this case):

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-nsw-terrigal-132821130 .... this is the garage:

terrigal.thumb.jpg.7393b9941e8de9180092949cc98f35db.jpg

6 hours ago, DJM said:

Here you go, he says 32 delivered to Aus

1dpmmd695pss13ntahx0tdh1k.png?pxc_method=fitfill&pxc_width=480

2012 Audi R8 Manual quattro MY12
  • 39,000 km
  • Coupe
  • Manual
  • 10cyl 5.2L Petrol
Private

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2012-Audi-R8-Manual-quattro-MY12/SSE-AD-6577594

If you had the cash, thats the year to buy  I reckon but preferably white with full carbon fibre  everything,  but the odds are somewhat reduced with that spec and not getting much discount on recommended retail ( whatever is being asked).  Penny pinching topgear valvetronic catback exhaust from the UK and a tune and its a long term keeper.  Not far off a lambo of similiar vintage in the performance stakes  without the lambo upfront and ongoing taxes.   Great cars and coffee ride especially if you take it next level to address the boot space with a take it or leave it pod mod that gets the pics snapping and tongues wagging if that floats your boat.   Probably one of one with that spec/ added tweaks.